Chart takes very long time to load data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart takes very long time to load data

If I switch a chart to a different ticker (example ES to CL) it sits there saying loading and never seems to load. It used to help if I disconnected and reconnected, but now that isn't even helping. The ES 06-21 which I usually trade is working fine. It's just when I try to look at a different contract or even a stock that it just sits saying Loading...
    I'm using IBKR TWS Build 978.2u and NT Ver. 8 8.0.24.0 64-bit (paid license).
    Thanks,
    Mel

Hello ClimberMel,

I suspect you are triggering Interactive Brokers pacing violation when attempting to request to much historical data from their servers which will cause charts to remain in a "Loading..." state and will only reset after a disconnect/reconnect.

First please close any workspaces that may be running in the background as these will request data as well.

To close workspaces go to the Control Center->Workspaces->Hover your mouse over any workspaces that do not need to be open and select close then restart NinjaTrader.

If the issue persists please right click in your chart(s) and verify the days you currently have set for "Days to load". If possible can you reduce this value to the minimum amount of data you require then restart NinjaTrader.

There is also information publicly available at the link below that goes over Interactive Brokers historical data limitations.
    Also I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Lastly with the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 978.2c. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 978.2c via the following link:
    Once TWS 978.2c has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'd prefer not to downgrade my TWS version, so would IB Gateway work just as well with the newer version of NT8? I have used Gateway with my current version of NT 8, but sometimes I like to have some of the TWS functions available at the same time which is why I tend to use it instead of Gateway.
      Thanks,
      Mel

Comment

We currently only officially support Gateway 978.2c. Our development team has tested 978.2c therefore cannot verify if there will be any issues when using another version that has not been thoroughly tested.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite  
        Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes