Alert Connected to a Line Drawing Object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert Connected to a Line Drawing Object

I would like to have the option to step away from my desk for a while and get an audio alert from NT8 when prices move to a location where I anticipate a trade setup occurring.

For example, I am able to set up an alert that triggers when prices move within 6 ticks of my EMA by using a "greater equal" condition along with a "less equal" condition, both offset by 6 ticks and linked to my EMA Indicator.

The flaws with that system are that (1) the alert can't be saved, so I need to create it every morning, and (2) my locations of interest are not always at/near an EMA, but can also be at the perimeter of a trend channel or a range channel, far from the EMA.

Is it possible to set up an alert similar to the one I described above, but have it connected to a Line Drawing Object that I can move around the chart as the day progresses? (I have tried setting up a similar alert and connecting it to a drawing object, but the alert doesn't seem to fire when it should.)

If so, is there a mechanism whereby I can make this alert a permanent part of my workspace/chart?

Thanks for your help!

Hello SmackTactics1,

Thank you for your message.

When you set alerts, they should be saved as part of your Chart Templates. Be sure to save or update or Chart Template and Workspace after you have created any Alerts you would like to have re-appear automatically each day.

In regards to connecting it to a Line Drawing Object, be sure to have your alarm set to Re-arm as it will default to 'Never', meaning once the Alert has been triggered once, it will not go off again if its conditions are met. Setting it to re-arm will allow you to move the object and have it trigger again if its conditions are met.

Saving Chart and other window Templates

Saving Templates in NinjaTrader 8 will allow you to easily recall the custom settings made to a specific window at any time.

To save a Chart Template in NinjaTrader 8, do the following:
    • Right-click in the Chart window > hover over 'Templates' > you will then have the options to 'Load', 'Save as', or 'Save as Default'
    • Selecting 'Save As' will allow you to rename, remove, and save the current Chart as a Template that you will be able to recall on other Charts with the 'Load' option
    • Selecting 'Save as Default' will make this Chart Template the one that automatically opens for all your future Chart windows.
    NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide: Charts — Saving Chart Defaults and Templates

*Note: The steps outlined above to save ChartTemplate settings may be applied to most other windows on the platform as well, including the SuperDOM and Market Analyzer)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    1 response
    0 likes