Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong mapping or FESX future

Hi,
    I am trading with IB on NT and tonight I had a overnight position in the FESX future. This morning when I restarted NT the mapping for the FESX future was wrong.
    I am holding the FESX 10 future and NT showed me an position in the Micro FESX (FSXE) future.
    I deleted the symbol mapping of the micro FESX (FSXE) future and restarted NT. The mapping was correct now.
    Please be very very careful about your mapping information. NT is not able to deal with instruments which have the same symbol but different point values. You implemented the "disabled" feature in the symbol mapping which can only be seen as a workaround.
    Please please consider implementing a proper solution.
    Thanks,
    Klaus

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, this is due to the way that the data providers handle symbol mappings and how they are sent to the NinjaTrader platform, which does hold separate mappings for both instruments. The -disabled workaround will prevent this data from being available in the platform from your data provider.

Thank you for your feedback on this item
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco,
      thanks for the quick answer.
      I am really sorry, but I do not agree with you. There is enough information arriving from the broker (IB) to distinguish between the FESX and the FSXE contract. NT has to be able to assign the incoming information to the correct contract. This is very basic functionality and should work without any issue.
      Klaus

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes