Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Add the Nasdaq 100 Index as an additional market DataSeries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add the Nasdaq 100 Index as an additional market DataSeries?

Hi. Recently you all helped me to add an additional DataSeries, so I can Analyze/Trade, for example, MNQ and NQ, mixing
    those trades and feeds as I wish, "simultaneously". AMAZING.

Now I'd like to add the Nasdaq 100 Index feed which, of course, is not a tradable instrument...

My primary data source is a Rithmic source, because I have to have the wide Depth of Market, among other things,
    so I have to pull my Market Data from Rithmic.

I'm told that on Rithmic, the symbol is "NDMY" for the Nasdaq 100 Index. However, I haven't been able to pull
    that data on a NinjaTrader Chart yet...

But also wouldn't it be true that CQG could provide me with the Feed, probably calling it "^NDX" and could I pull from
    my Rithmic feed (as the preferred Market Data provider) but simultaneously be logged into my CQG account
    and pull the ^NDX as well ??

The reason I want the ^NDX data; is to evaluate the convergence/divergence of the Underlying (the NDX) with its
    MNQ/NQ Futures contract derivatives.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction to add the Nasdaq 100 Index feed to my Unmanaged Strategy client.
    Or at least to understand some of the issues involved.

hyper

Hello Hyper,

Thank you for your post.

In NinjaTrader, ^NDX will be the symbol for this index across the board. Rithmic does not support any instruments that are of the index class at all, only futures, so the Nasdaq 100 index would not be available with a Rtihmic-based connection regardless of the symbol that you try to use.

With that said, the Nasdaq 100 index is available with CQG-based connections. Furthermore, it is possible to connect to both Rithmic and CQG at the same time so long as you have a Multi Broker license key. When connected to Rithmic and CQG, it's possible to set up Preferred Connections so that your futures data is always coming from the Rithmic connection and your index data is always coming from the CQG connection. Click on the red text in my responses above to be taken to more information about each particular topic.

Once you are connected to a data source that supports this instrument, you may add an additional data series for this instrument just as you did before with MNQ and NQ. The process will be the same, you'd just substitute in the correct instrument symbol.

Please let us know if we may assist you with any additional inquiries in the future.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes