Strategy Tab Greyed Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Tab Greyed Out

My NinjaTrader platform has its strategy tab greyed out for some reason. I have made sure chart trader is disabled, global simulation is disabled, no setting are on that would inhibit their use, ect.

If anyone could help me fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated. I use a virtual machine with my automated strategies due to my work schedule. This has worked without issue before so i am not sure the problem.

Hello cpbeamer,

Thank you for your post.

The strategy 'enable' checkbox may be greyed out because the platform is not connected to a data feed connection. Please answer all of the following questions.
    • Are you connected to a data feed connection? If so, who are you connected to?
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    Please also send us a screenshot of the strategy tab greyed out so we may accurately assist.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader Version: 8.0.24.2

Data Feed: IQFeed

I am unable to take a screenshot at the moment but I hope this may be able to provide some information on the problem.

Further, the NinjaScript Editor tab and strategy analyzer under "New" was also greyed out and unusable

Comment

Hello cpbeamer,

Thank you for your note.

Please send your log and trace files to PlatformSupport[AT]ninjatrader.com so we may further investigate this. In the Subject of the email, please put 'ATTN: Brandon H' and in the body of the email add a link to this forum post.

Also, please include your License Key in your reply. You will find this under Help -> License Key.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes