Disabling FDAX and enabling FDXS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling FDAX and enabling FDXS

Hello, i would like to open a Micro future dax chart with interactive brokers datas.
    I modified FDAX mapping instrument like this : DAX-disabled|||25
    and modified FDXS mapping like this : DAX|||1

I still have enpty FDXS charts.
    Is it possible that it's because of saturday ?
    I also tried to use historical data manager to load FDXS datas, without any effects.

Thanks for your answers.

Hello fredericlebre,

Thank you for your post.

You should be able to load historical data in your chart on a Saturday.

Are you using a time-based interval in your chart such as minute or day?
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi fredericlebre,
      the mico dax is just been released. There might not be any data depending on the timeframe which you try to download. There is also not much trade data available as there is not much volume yet.
      Hope that helps.
      Klaus

Comment

I think the problem is more important. I called IB, their answer is to see with NT support : my IB login is 15 characters and i need tu use the latest IB platform to connect and link to NT8. According to them, there are problems with NT8. SO, what can i do ? I tried 5 full restart. it worked 2 times only. For the other attempts, Ninjatrader Log is : Market datas not active for this instrument.

I also have an empty balance on NT8 account list. My account appears, but it's empty. (amount appears on IB platform)
        Last edited by fredericlebre; 06-07-2021, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Hello fredericlebre,

Thank you for that information.

This is likely caused by the version of Traders Workstation you're using on your machine, or that the version is configured incorrectly.

Using Interactive Brokers as a connection with NinjaTrader 8 requires a specific version of Traders Workstation (TWS) to be installed and running on your computer (version 978.2c). Using NinjaTrader 8 with any other version of the TWS platform will result in unexpected behavior as these versions are not supported. It is expected that the latest version from Interactive Brokers will not connect as expected.

I would recommend removing the current version of TWS and following the link below to install the correct version.

For your reference, the following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance.
          Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your answer, but may be you did not understand.

My login is 15 characters and The version you tell me do not accept 15 characters. So, i can NOT use 978.2c

IB is also do not understand why it's still takes time for you to accept the latest version.

So now for me, it's like if i paied a lifetime licence for nothing.

Ninja trader never told me i could not use it with IB.

So, have you a solution for me ?

Thanks for your answers.

Comment

Hello fredericlebre,
              Thank you for the message.

At this time Trader Workstation version 978.2c is the only version that is compatible with the NinjaTrader platform.

If your username is too long to be accepted by this version, you will need to work with Interactive Brokers to change your username to one that is compatible with version 978.2c.

If you would like for us to analyze your files to make sure nothing else is occurring, please send us an email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and include 3130619 ATTN Clayton in the Subject line.
              • If you write in, please use the steps below to also include your log and trace files so we may analyze what is happening within your platform specifically.
                • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
                • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders
              Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for your reply sir,

But sorry to say this, i totaly disagree with you.

When i bought my lifetime licence, i bought a fully compatible version with IB. You never told me i had to have a specific username. SO today you ask me to change my username. May i tell you that it's not my problem and it's your job to make my licence work or give me my money back ?

Still with best regards.

Comment

To change my username, i need to create another account. I do not have time for this. Once again, sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Hello fredericlebre,

Thank you for the message.

My name is Heath, I am a Platform Support Team Lead here at NinjaTrader and I'm here to make sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed.

So the proper team can assist you with your key please write into the Platform Sales team directly.

To reach them please send a message to PlatformSales(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com. and include a link to this forum post.

Thank you, they'll await your message.
                    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for your answer, i'll do it

Comment

Old Post, but i have a easy solution for trading FDXM. I had the same problem with my live-account. The solution is really easy: in instrument-settings for "FDAX" you only have to change the multiplicator in the Symbol-Map into 1. So go to Tools > Instruments > FDAX > Symbol Map > Interactive Brokers. Input behind IB must be "DAX|||1" without excerpts. Save changes, trade FDAX as Micro Future. Thats all.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Brevo
                        by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes