Configuring a strategy for trading hours on the West Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring a strategy for trading hours on the West Coast

Do I need to change any settings in NinjaTrader to ensure my strategies work at the right trading times when on PST?

I'm trading YM futures and so far my strategy results end up quite a bit different from others I've compared with identical strategy/chart settings. Entire trades during normal market hours are missed. Seems to be due to the fact that my system is on PST.

The YM instrument "Trading Hours" is set to CME US Index Futures ETH hours. Should it be something else for PST? Or am I missing some other timezone setting that could be skewing results?
    Last edited by AstralTrader; 06-07-2021, 10:05 PM.

Hello AstalTrader,

Thanks for your post.

You would likely not need to change any settings to ensure your strategy works at the right trading hours. The Trading Hours template that your Data Series is set to use will filter the Data Series that the strategy is applied to.

If the expected trade(s) are not appearing, this would indicate that the condition to place the order is not evaluating as true or the order is being ignored for other reasons.

To understand why the script is behaving as it is, such as placing orders or not placing orders or drawing objects when expected, it is necessary to add prints to the script that print the values used for the logic of the script to understand how the script is evaluating.

In the strategy add prints (outside of any conditions) that print the values of every variable used in every condition that places an order along with the time of that bar. Prints will appear in the NinjaScript Output window (New > NinjaScript Output window).

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates using prints to understand behavior and including a link to a video recorded using the Strategy Builder.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...121#post791121

If you are not the developer of the strategy, please contact the developer of the strategy for assistance.

Please let me know if I may further assist.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bmartz
    by bmartz

Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
    0 responses