MNQ and MES charts not loading properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MNQ and MES charts not loading properly

NQ and ES charts are loading fine. Using IB as my data feed. I have indicators and a strategy running, but the issue occurs even without the strategy running. NQ and ES charts load fine with the strategy running.

You can see that the candles are smashed all the way at the bottom of the chart on the MES 1 minute chart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MES 1 Minute.PNG
Views:	845
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	1159251

Here is the same chart using ES. Loads fine

Name:	ES 1 Minute.PNG
Views:	913
Size:	533.5 KB
ID:	1159252

Hello Dennis W,

The red line at 4846.70 causes the price axis to extend which in turn cause the price bars to be vertically compressed.

Can you please right click in the chart and select Indicators. Select the indicator under Configured that plots the red line. Disable 'Auto scale' on the right and click OK.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. It was the 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages causing this. All set now.

Comment

Similar thing happening on 5 minute chart. Can't figure out what the giant red candle is that is causing the chart to go out of scale. Any ideas what it could be so that I can see if it is on autoscale?

Name:	MES 5 Minute.PNG
Views:	798
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	1159263

Comment

Can you please right click in the chart, select "Reload All Historical Data" and check if data is loaded as expected.

Comment

Okay that solved it. Thank you again

Comment

Is there a setting I should change on the 5 min chart so that I don't need to select "Reload All Historical Data" every time I open the chart? The 1 min chart loads fine without having to reload data, but for some reason on the 5 min chart I need to reload data every time.

Comment

I'm not sure why you have to reload historical data in the 5 Minute chart. Unfortunately there is no such setting.

Please try the following.
                • Shut down NinjaTrader.
                • Navigate to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db folder.
                • Delete the cache folder within the db folder.
                • Open the minute folder within the db folder.
                • Delete the MES 06-21 folder that is within the minute folder.
                Start NinjaTrader and check if the MES chart loads data as expected.

If the issue remains, please tell me what TWS/Gateway version you have installed.

Comment

Hi Jason. Issue still occurring for the 5 min chart. Have to reload historical data each time I start NT. Not a huge deal, just a little irritating. I'm using IB Gateway v978.2c

Comment

If you create a brand new MES 09-21 - 5 Minute chart without a chart template, does it load data as expected?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I tried with a vanilla chart and I still need to reload historical data for the 5 min charts.

Comment

Can you please rename your database using the following steps:
                        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and go to the Windows Start Menu
                        • Select Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
                        • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename". Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
                        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
                        Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will not be available - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

Check if data is loaded as expected without having to reload historical data.

If the issue remains, you can restore the old database as follows.
                        • Shut down NinjaTrader.
                        • Delete the new database in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8--> db folder.
                        • Rename the old database from "OLDNinjaTrader" to "NinjaTrader".
                        • Start NinjaTrader and it will use your old database again.

Comment

Didn't work. 1 min charts still loaded fine but not the 5 min charts. I don't want to keep bothering you with this puzzle. I may just resign myself to reloading data every time I start NT

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post wzgy0920  
                          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post wzgy0920