Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Rejected - Not Enough Excess Margin

Hello NT8 Support,

In a SIM account with balance = $5,000 the short entry order for 1 contract of CL was filled at 11:30 EST.

Immediately upon submitting an OCO stop-target order combination, the stop order was accepted and in an instant I received this error:

"SIM101 - Order 'order #' can't be submitted: Not enough excess margin, affected order BuyToCover 1 Limit @ <limit price>."

The stop order was that was initially accepted was immediately canceled when the target order was rejected. So I am left with a position, but no protective stop or target. All in less than 1 second.

If margin was really an issue, the entry order should not have been accepted and filled. (However, margin should not have been an issue, as CL intraday margin is $2,000).

This error has happened on every attempt to enter the OCO order as described above. Can you please assist?

Thank you.

Hello D Trader,

Thank you for your note.

We advise that you reset the Simulation account to resolve this item.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account:
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    • Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
    • Press the "Reset" button
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Chris.

I have already tried resetting the account.

Can I please have NT8 tech support look into this? Although this error occurs in Sim, resetting an account is not an option when trading live -- we need to know why this issue occurs and resolve it before transferring to the live account.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello D Trader,

Thank you for your reply.

I am curious to know if this has to do with a risk template being used on the Sim101 account, which would not be relevant to a live account since risk would be set by the broker and not a risk template. Please go to the Accounts tab of the control center, then right-click on your Sim account and select "Edit account." What shows in the Risk dropdown menu?

Additionally, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum post and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3142486 ATTN Emily (you may include the risk template information in a reply here or in your email with the log and trace files).

Thank you for your patience. I look forward to resolving this item with you.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by D Trader View Post
          Thanks Chris.

I have already tried resetting the account.

...resetting an account is not an option when trading live -- we need to know why this issue occurs and resolve it before transferring to the live account.

Thank you.
          Just an FYI.. that might take a little tension off.

If you were to search the forum you could find many posts about errors and funny states occurring when using a SIM account that are related to the database that do not at all translate to real live trading against an actual account rather than the SIM account in the Database.

Might Google the these two terms together to find those posts: "NinaTrader" and "Reset"

HedgePlay

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post samish18  
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes