Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No data in Marketanalyzer

Hi,
    there are no data in the market scanner, although I tried it with three different data providers (Kinetick, interactive br. and Lenz & Partenr, I tried it with different instrumentlists like nasdaq 100 etc. only the fdax future works .... thanks

Hello johnwicksdog,

Please note that Nasdaq100 stocks use the 'US Equities RTH' trading hours template by default which runs from 9:30am - 4:00pm US Eastern time. So it excludes the current time and therefore no realtime data is received. Can you please check if you receive realtime data at 9:30am.

If you like to receive realtime data sooner, please perform the following steps. I will use the AAPL as example.
    • Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments.
    • Type AAPL and double click the AAPL stock.
    • Change the 'Trading hours' setting to 'US Equities ETH'.
    • Click OK and close the Instruments window.
    Check if you now receive realtime data at 8:00am US Eastern time.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't need realtime data. If i Want to make a market scan I want to do this outside the market hours and my most important referral points are the open and the close of the last day.
      How can I handle this?

Comment

Can you please tell me what exact Market Analyzer columns don't show data. Am I correct you added an Indicator column for the 'Prior day OHLC' indicator?

Do you connect to the free Kinetick EOD connection? Please note that this connection only provides historical daily data. It does not provide realtime data or historical minute/tick data.

Please note that historical tick data is not supported with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader.

When I test this with a paid Kinetick connection on my end, I load data as per the attached screenshot.
        Attached Files
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Can you please tell me what exact Market Analyzer columns don't show data. Am I correct you added an Indicator column for the 'Prior day OHLC' indicator?

Do you connect to the free Kinetick EOD connection? Please note that this connection only provides historical daily data. It does not provide realtime data or historical minute/tick data.

Please note that historical tick data is not supported with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader.

When I test this with a paid Kinetick connection on my end, I load data as per the attached screenshot.
          Why would the Market Analyzer need intraday data feed if I need daily Close price or ATR calculated on daily or even weekly data. Does it mean Market Analyzer can't be used as a scanner with Daily/Weekly data series? There is no point purchasing intraday data if my systematic trading strategy needs EOD close price and indicators based on that close price only.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

The Market Analyzer is a real-time only window, and as such requires real-time data to populate.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
            Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, in fact it I kept trying and changing some settings and then it has worked absolutely fine with EOD data from Kinetick too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bill2023  
              Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ryjoga