NT8 doubtes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 doubtes

Good afternoon I have noticed that there is a previous version of NT8 that works better for me personally than the most recent one, is there a way to go back to that previous version keeping the same templates and indicators and not having to reinstall them again?
    Thank you very much in advance.

Hello punkiy2111,
    Thank you for the message.

Could you please provide more information on what is happening with the current version that isn't working as expected that makes you think you need to downgrade to an older version?

Are there any kinds of errors appearing? If yes, please include screenshots of the errors as long as they do not reveal personal/private information.
    • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
    • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
    • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
    • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
    • Please click here for a video demonstration

What exact version of the platform are you using? You may find this under the Control Center > Help > About
    • What is the version that you are wanting to use?
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I speak in general. It seems to me that the 2-3 previous versions worked better for the platform. I think my question is very easy and very generic… is it possible to go back to a previous version keeping all the indicators installed, templates and workspace?
      Thanks again.

Comment

Hello Punkiy2111,
        Thank you for the message.

Only the most recent version of the NinjaTrader platform is supported by the NinjaTrader Platform Support team.

If there is something that isn't working as expected within the NinjaTrader platform, please let us know so we may address it and resolve the behavior.

If there is a third-party add-on that is not working as expected with the most recent version of NinjaTrader, it is up to the developer to update their add-ons to work with the most recent version of NinjaTrader. If you need an older version of NinjaTrader to run a specific add-on from a developer, you would need to get that older version of NinjaTrader from the developers of the add-on that require a specific version.

If there is something happening with your NinjaTrader platform or showing unwanted behaviors, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with your log and trace files so we may address what is happening with your PC/Platform specifically:
        • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
        • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Clayton,
          Could you kindly clarify and confirm the policy you have described.
          I see on the Existing User download page that both the current and previous version may be downloaded.
          In the past, I am fairly certain it has been possible to download more than one prior.
          As a User, the implications are a little unsettling. Ninjatrader Development has a long and well-established history of rolling out flawed updates introducing new problems in the core platform, only to be followed by a 'fix' once the various introduced bugs have been reported on the Forum. This is certainly becoming less frequent, but the idea that I install an update that does not work as expected and then have to wait for Ninjatrader to address and resolve the behaviour fills me with dread and simply means delaying upgrading until many more foolhardy have gone before me.
          Is it your intention not to allow download of the superceded version? Please advise
          The OP does not ask for Support of a prior version, only access to it.
          To answer the OP's question - yes, it did used to be possible to to downgrade and keep indicators, workspaces etc. i.e. custom components. Somewhat tricky if you're barred access to the version installer however!
          Kind regards,

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you for your post.

My name is Heath, I am a Platform Support Team Lead here at NinjaTrader and I'm here to make sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed.

For numerous years, NinjaTrader has only provided the current and prior major release available for NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8. For example, the current version 8.0.24.3 and the prior major versions of:
            • NinjaTrader 8.0.23.2
            • NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.42
            We do not provide access to previous build version of the platform to users other than those listed on the download page.

Regarding Hotfixes, NinjaTrader itself is a broad program and supports a vast ecosystem of third party addons, connection API's and custom NinjaScript. While we do our best to stress test new releases conflicts with existing third party apps, or connection providers API's will emerge which necessitate a hotfix release as an incremental version 8.0.23.xx. For this reason we provide the last stable major release for users to fall back on if their issue cannot be resolved in a timely manner.

We do always recommend updating to the most recent version of the platform but are unable to provide prior releases other than those already publicly available on the download page linked below.Hopefully this clarifies our policy on this issue.
            Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes