Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators have been loading for 45 mins

Hi,

I have some options charts and have a link with interactive brokers. Usually thinks work fine but not today.

I am still getting live feeds from IB - prices are updating - but the indicators on NT8 isn't updating. And they have been "Loading" for the past 45 mins. Initially, the prices didn't update till I selected " Reload All Historical Data". Thus far it's my option charts that are giving me problems. The underlying stocks are all fine.

I can't restart either IB or NT8 as the options data disappears and all I see are dashes, depicting missing price data.

Do you know why the indicators are not updating?

Regards

Kay Wai

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your inquiry.

On the surface, it sounds like your data requests may be getting throttled by IB. This can happen when too much data is being requested at any given time.

Interactive Brokers' historical data requests can be really tricky at times. If you request too much data at any time, your connection may get throttled and load very slowly, or it may not load at all until the historical data request is canceled. These are limitations that are not possible to overcome. I'd suggest reading through the historical data limitations that can be viewed publicly on the TWS website at the link below;

https://interactivebrokers.github.io...mitations.html

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 09-21, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • What version of TWS or IB Gateway do you currently have installed? (This is located in TWS at Help > About Trader Workstation)
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • What is the 'Days to Load' setting of the chart?
    • How many instruments total are you loading between both NinjaTrader and TWS?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • Does the issue persist if you disconnect and reconnect?
    I look forward to assisting you further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary,

I'm running NT8 v8.0.24.2. and TWS v978.2c.
      Instruments I'm running are SPY, VIX and SPY options - 1 min charts.
      Days to load is 5
      No of instruments loading 30. The reason being 1) if I switch option contracts mid-way, the middle part of the day's data is always missing, irrespective of the no of contracts I am requesting and 2) Given the recent volatility in SPY, I need to pre-load more SPY options ahead of time. This is an IB issue as their charts have the same problems.
      There are no errors in the control center.
      If I disconnect and reconnect, my options data goes missing because of the IB issue I mentioned above.

I deleted the "loading" contracts and everything is working again.

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post maybeimnotrader  
      Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
      5 responses