Using Ninja Trader in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ ,

I have now got everything working correctly thanks for getting back to me with the information every time really a great help! I am now having the issue you mentioned above trying to use my footprint charts, I want to stick with IB as my broker but I am happy to get Data from else where, With my account only being on a single life time account will it still be possible to do this?

Many Thanks

Comment

Hello tommyjg,

Thank you for your reply.

Footprint-style charts would typically provide historical tick data that is bid/ask stamped. The market data feed from Interactive Brokers will only provide historical one-minute data, so this data feed would not be sufficient for creating footprint-style charts.

Many NinjaTrader platform users who trade with Interactive Brokers utilize Kinetick as a supplement for tick data. Kinetick can provide historical tick data going back 180 days from the current date. Once you subscribe to Kinetick, you can connect to both feeds at the same time and configure the connections to use Kinetick for market data and Interactive Brokers for order execution. You can subscribe to Kinetick at the link below:Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ ,

Could you please let me know as I am thinking about changing to one of your brokers - dorman or philips do they provide the data required?

If so it may be better me changing to multibroker and using them for data?

Many Thanks

Comment

Hello tommyjg,

Thank you for your reply.

If you open an account with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you will receive market data through CQG/Continuum. This data feed will provide both real-time & historical tick data, which can be used for footprint-style charts. You can contact brokeragesales[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com for more information about opening an account.

Upgrading to a multi broker license key will allow you to connect to a NinjaTrader Brokerage account alongside your current account with Interactive Brokers. By connecting to the NinjaTrader Brokerage account first, you will receive all futures data from the Continuum connection. Then you can select either your NinjaTrader Brokerage account or your Interactive Brokers account to place live trades.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_ChristopherD ,

Which data package do I need with Kinetick to be able to have data for footprint for the ES-MES ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello tommyjg,

To receive live data for ES and MES, you would need to subscribe to the Kinetick Basic Service for $65/month and the CME E-mini for $66/month. You can subscribe Kinetick at the following link:

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_ChristopherD, I think with the price its better to just make the move over to a different broker. I would like to go with Dorman, I already have been sent an email prior from ninja.

"Checking in again regarding your recently opened trading account with NinjaTrader. Kindly let me know if you have any questions about the funding process.As a reminder, the minimum funding amount is $400. Once your funds are deposited, you will receive a username and password and gain access to an unlimited SIM account to practice trade as well as your live trading account."

Should I still fund my account this way?

Also how do I upgrade the account to multi or isit possible to just change the single from interactive to dorman?

Many Thanks!

Comment

Hello tommyjg,

We can either convert your single broker license key to trade with NinjaTrader Brokerage, or we can provide you with information about upgrading to a multi broker license.

You can send an email to platformsales[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com for more information. This way, we can look up your license key and provide you with more specific information.

Comment

So we don't need to pay for live data through Kinetick when one has a live account through Phillips or Dorman?

Comment

Hello mostbp432,

You will receive a data connection through Continuum if you fund an account with NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Kinetick is a separate service that would require a separate monthly subscription:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post elirion
                      by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes