Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 indicator calculations are slow today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 indicator calculations are slow today...

Hi,
    The indicator calculations are particularly slow today. I have a set time for the indicator to start calculating and when i went to check on them or their respective chart tabs, they only began calculating the range. It's not done this before till today. Do you know why this is the case?
    Regards
    Kay Wai

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your note.

Are the indicators in question ones you've created yourself or ones you received from a third party? Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing that appears incorrect?

If it's an indicator you've created yourself, what is the indicator setting for IsSuspendedWhileInactive in State.SetDefaults?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,

The indicator concerned is one I picked up from your ecosystem. I've used it for the better part of 2 weeks with no major issues. It wasn't that the calculations were wrong but they didn't begin at the set time that they were suppose to do. The indicator only started calculating when I went to its chart tab. Once it started calculating, there were no longer any issues. Just wondering why it didn't start calculating at the preset time.

I was staring at one for quite some time (less than 30 seconds) before the update began. Data from IB was already flowing in after hiccups I experienced this morning. So I'm not sure what happened when NT8 also started playing up.

Regards
      Kay Wai

Comment

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your reply.

It sounds like most likely the IsSuspendedWhileInactive property for the indicator is set to true for this particular indicator. This prevents OnBarUpdate from being raised while the indicators display is not in use. Enabling this property in your indicator helps save CPU cycles while the indicator is suspended and not in use by a user. Once the indicator is in a state that would no longer be considered suspended, the historical OnBarUpdate() events will be triggered allowing the indicator to catch up to current real-time values.

Suspension occurs in the following scenarios:
        • Minimized Chart
        • Minimized Market Analyzer
        • Minimized Hot List Analyzer
        • Minimized SuperDOM
        • Background tabs of above features are considered "minimized" (IE. if the tab is not currently active)
        • Inactive workspaces in the background
        Did it come from the User App Share or did you purchase it from a third party Ecosystem vendor? If it's one from the User App Share, you could open this in the NinjaScript Editor, find the IsSuspendedWhileInactive property (or add it in State.SetDefaults) and make sure it's set to false if you wish it to keep processing when inactive. If it's from a third party vendor the code is likely not accessible for you to change this property.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,

There was the IsSuspendedWhileInactive property that was enabled.

Thanks for your explanation. Appreciate it.

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses
          1 like
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
          4 responses