Free Historical Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Historical Data

Hello, I see that I can use Yahoo FInance historical data on the platform, however I do not have the option on my connections tab to add yahoo. How would I go about getting historical data for free?

Hello hdshev,

Thank you for the message.

As it stands currently, the connection to Yahoo Finance is no longer supported within NinjaTrader and you would be unable to connect to it.

The "Kinetick - End of Day (Free)" that comes with NinjaTrader will provide Daily historical data and higher like Weekly or Monthly. It will NOT provide you with Minute or Tick data and is not a real-time market data conneciton.

To be able to get Historical Data within the NinjaTrader platform, you would need to have a connection with a Market Data Provider/Broker and a subscription to the market data for the specific instrument and type of instrument you are wanting to look at.
    The NinjaTrader platform does provide the ability to download Market Replay data for backtesting with the Playback Connection for free.
    Finally, if you have not already done so, you are able to request a Free Demo of Futures or Forex Market Data from the following link:
    • https://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData
      • Futures Demo:
        • Is sent from the exchange so NinjaTrader has no ability to see the credentials, resend, or reset the credentials
        • Lasts for 14 calendar days from submitting the request
        • Is able to be requested once per calendar year
      • Forex Demo:
        • Is sent from the exchange so NinjaTrader has no control over these credentials
        • Lasts for 30 days
        • Requesting again will extend the demo
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there any way to just pay for the market data without a brokerage account?

Comment

Originally posted by hdshev View Post
        Is there any way to just pay for the market data without a brokerage account?
        Check out Kinetick or IQFeed.

Comment

Hello hdshev,

To receive data you will need to connect to an account with a supported data provider or broker. You can find a list of supported data providers and brokers at the link below.

NinjaTrader supports multiple futures market data and brokers providing access to trade futures, stocks, and more. Download NinjaTrader for FREE to get started!

Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Waxavi
          by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM