Issue with Open workspace, cannot open Ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Open workspace, cannot open Ninja

I was opening a workspace this morning and as it was opening I was receiving a ton of out of memory exceptions. I let it run for over an hour and the workspace never loaded to where I had control of Ninja or the control center. I tried closing all error message, and let it sit and its still hung. So I ended task. I re-open Ninja and its going to the same workspace that is hanging, and same issue is occurring. So it seems if I end task again, it will only repeat this process. Is there anyway I can change Ninja in an xml file to open a different workspace other than this one? Or some other way to get around this, i am completely stuck

actually, I went into the _Workspaces xml file and I see how this works, I will simply remove the workspace causing a problem from the xml file and I believe it will open fine

Comment

Hi Erik, thanks for posting.

The workspace files are located within Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces, you found this already. To avoid the issue in the future, examine what exactly you are running in the workspace that would cause this, any NinjaScript addon that is taking up a lot of resources (drawing many chart objects, etc) would need to be removed to avoid this.

Best regards,
      -ChrisL
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM