Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What's the difference between CQG and Kinetick data provider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference between CQG and Kinetick data provider?

I want to fund my account, but I am confused what do I do next about data providers?

What's de difference between CQG and Kinetick? How can I connect them with my account?

Hello,

These are 2 different data providers, with CQG being the default connection technology for NinjaTrader Brokerage accounts, while Kinetick is a data-only company providing live and historical data.

If you have questions regarding data subscriptions on your account you will need to reach out to your broker directly.

If you have further questions on what data each provides, please elaborate so I may best assist.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Ryan S., thank you for answering.

I created an account on Dorman Trading to me trading futures, but I didn't fund yet because I have these questions about live data.
      After I fund the account, what's the next step for me to get live data?
      Could you be more detailed on this process? I'm a little bit confused.

Comment

Hello,

Please write to brokeragesupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for further information on different data options/subscriptions you can enable for your account.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by lucasmelo152 View Post
          After I fund the account, what's the next step for me to get live data?
          Could you be more detailed on this process? I'm a little bit confused.
          Live data is usually bundled free with your funded brokerage account.

Some good reading here, here, here, and here.

Comment

The difference between CQG and Kinetick is that CQG is usually free (if you declare
            non-pro trader status) and is bundled with your NTB account. Kinetick is not free. It
            is a separate company and requires a separate signup process on a different website.
            Kinetick requires you pay a separate monthly subscription to access their real time data.

With NT Brokerage, the default setup is with CQG. You'll want to carefully identify
            your pro vs non-pro status, because pro trader status costs more. If you are trading
            Futures, the CQG connection provided by NTB is usually deemed quite sufficient by
            most traders. It is also the cheapest option (usually it is free) -- but it is a serious
            data feed offering both real-time and historical data. Like I said, for Futures, esp if
            you are just getting started, it should be plenty.

Eventually, you will be provided an email with a set of credentials (username/password)
            that you will use to setup a Connection in NinjaTrader 8.

Market Replay data is a separate thing and is not a consideration when choosing a
            data provider.

So why Kinetick?
            Kinetick and IQFeed are data feed only companies. Their data is not free. They
            are data providers, and can provide you with lots of additional data from lots of
            additional exchanges (including stocks), if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post

Live data is usually bundled free with your funded brokerage account.

Some good reading here, here, here, and here.
              Hello bltdavid

Firstly, thank you a lot for your explanation. I'll read calmly the other posts you sent me.

Comment

Hello,
                Thank you for the inquiry.

At this time we are not at liberty to make data feed recommendations to clients. NinjaTrader Continuum is the default data connection when you open a NinjaTrader Brokerage account. Kinetick is a third party data provider configured for use with the NinjaTrader platform only. Most clients do not need Kinetick data if they are already receiving futures data from NinjaTrader Continuum. However, Kinetick offers data for other asset classes like stocks, options and spot forex.

You can choose to use Kinetick in combination with any supported broker, in a few different ways.
                1. Backup to your broker's data
                2. Replacement for your broker’s data
                3. Historical data provider
                4. Provider for data types not offered by your broker
                Another advantage of Kinetick over broker provided data is the extensive historical data. Kinetick offers far more historical data than most providers.

Kinetick data is completely unfiltered, so you’re getting each and every tick and trade reported directly to you from the exchange, with no filtering involved.
                Kinetick offers NinjaTrader users over 50,000 instruments and symbols including the following:
                Futures: Kinetick supports all major US futures exchanges including the full CME group.
                Forex: Kinetick offers forex data from FXCM and Tenfore, including more exotic pairs such as spot Gold and Silver.
                Stocks: Access to US and Canadian stocks from all major exchanges including the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange), Nasdaq, and NYSE American (Formerly Amex/MKT) exchanges are available.
                Indexes and Market Metrics: Kinetick also offers thousands of indexes included with every subscription, as well as over 500 Market Metrics.
                All of the exchanges I just mentioned are available from Kinetick and fed directly into your NinjaTrader platform.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jclose
                by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                10 responses