Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No risk settings defined"

Hi,

I'm trying to run some historical playbacks and place orders on imported data for various instruments. I get an error preventing orders from being placed, "No risk settings defined". I realise I can likely go into 'risk' and manually add them, but that will be a chore and frankly, for these ad-hoc tests, I really don't care about margin etc as it is totally irrelevant in this case. Is there a way to avoid this error, or does Ninjatrader absolutely require there be risk parameters for instruments, even virtual ones that do not exist in the real world?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

We were recently made aware of an erroneous risk template that was added to the platform from a database update, which is the cause of the error message that you are receiving. In order to correct this item, you will need to first delete the erroneous risk templates then reset the Sim101 account.

To remove the erroneous risk template;
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • On your PC, navigate to Documents/NinjaTrader 8/templates/Risk
    • Delete the risk templates titled '.xml', 'KPO.xml', and 'MES.xml'
    • I've included a video demonstration that I've made publicly available at the following link:

Once you've deleted the erroneous risk templates, please do the following;
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    • Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
    • Ensure that 'None' is selected for the 'Risk' property
    • Press the "Reset" button
    • Select OK

After completing the steps above, you should now be able to place orders in the Sim101 account without error.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for that. I can confirm it resolved that issue and I can now playback. However, I get this error now when trying to place more than 1 order. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version  Name:	NinjaTrader_3AgTKPDy3R.png Views:	0 Size:	6.9 KB ID:	1161968

Checking the account tab, the playback account is hugely in debit after a couple of trades. Not quite sure why this is.
      Last edited by pjsmith; 07-01-2021, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

For clarification, the 'playback account' you are referring to, do you mean the Simulation 101 Account? If you receive this message it is likely due to the fact there is no Cash Value within the Sim101 Account. We advise that you reset the Simulation account to resolve this item.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account:

Comment

Originally posted by NInjaTrader_MaxH View Post
          Hello,

Thank you for your note.

For clarification, the 'playback account' you are referring to, do you mean the Simulation 101 Account? If you receive this message it is likely due to the fact there is no Cash Value within the Sim101 Account. We advise that you reset the Simulation account to resolve this item.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account:

Hi,

No, I mean the playback101 account that always appears as the only account when you switch to a playback connection (or it does for me). This account also resets itself (or appears to) to full capital once the playback connection is connected. See image below (not in fault condition at moment). This account as far as I know cannot be manually reset per the sim101 account.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader_DWE2wa7lCZ.png
Views:	249
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1162010

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

It's not currently possible to edit the settings of the Playback101 account directly, however, the Playback101 account mimics the Sim101 account so changing the Sim101 cash value should have also changed the Playback101 cash value.

When you changed the Sim101 cash value, did you click on 'reset' at the bottom right?

Please let me know if I may help you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888