Trading stocks and futures with demo account from InteractiveBrokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading stocks and futures with demo account from InteractiveBrokers

I have a lifetime multi-brokerage license for ninjatrader. I want to trade both equities and futures. It appears from your link https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm
    that InteractiveBrokers allows me to do just that. InteractiveBrokers allows you to establish a demo account before opening a real account. If I open a demo account with InteractiveBrokers, will I be able to sim trade that account using NT8? If so, can you provide an outline of how I set that up.

Hello robertlaub,

Thank you for the question.

You are able to connect a Paper Trading account from Interactive Brokers to the NinjaTrader platform using the exact same process you would use for a live Interactive Brokers account.

You are then able to use the NinjaTrader platform to place and modify trades to your Interactive Brokers account.

When you are setting up your account with Interactive Brokers, please let them know that you will be using it with NinjaTrader as a specific version of Trader Workstation (978.2c) is necessary for use with NinjaTrader and this version has an account character limit that you will want to be aware of. This is something you will need to let Interactive Brokers know as you are signing up as NinjaTrader has no control over the account names or character limit.

Once you have signed up for the Paper Trading account you will use the connection guide below to set up the connection to your Interactive Brokers account:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Mizzouman1  
    Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
    1 response
    0 likes