Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Candlestick charts show extra bars beyond RTH and blank spaces after the EOD line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candlestick charts show extra bars beyond RTH and blank spaces after the EOD line

Since 6/25/21, I’ve experienced two problems with my charts when trading the MES 09-21 futures contract:

1) Starting on 6/25, with the Trading Hours set to “CME US Index Futures RTH,” my candlestick charts now show additional bars, from 4:35pm to 5:00pm ET, which previously did not appear on my charts. On a 5-minute candlestick bar chart, for example, all days prior to 6/25 show the last bar at 4:15pm ET, and since 6/25 with that same chart template there are 6 extra bars (from 4:35pm to 5:00pm ET). Whether this is due to a CME policy change (I don’t see one but might have missed it?) or not, how can I change the chart to end at precisely 4:15pm ET, as it previously had up until 6/25/21? What has changed and how can I fix this?

2) With the same trading hours and instrument as above, all days from 6/25/21 and earlier now have a blank space (the size of a 5-minute bar) between the vertical EOD line and the first bar of the day that closes at 9:35am ET. I'll note that all days after 6/25 do not show this extra blank space. I assume the issue is related to my first question. How can I resolve this issue?

For reference, I’m running NT version 8.0.23.2 64-bit (lifetime license with a Continuum feed) on a Windows 10 Pro computer.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello writeph,

1. The "CME US Index Futures RTH" trading hours template ends at 5:00pm US Eastern time. If you like each session to end at 4:15pm, I suggest to create a custom trading hours template. You can find instructions and information at the link below.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indow.htm#HowT oCreateAndEditATradingHourTemplate

2. Please check if you have this blank space when using the custom created trading hours template that ends at 4:15pm. If so, please right click in the chart and select "Reload All Historical Data" and check if the blank space persists.

In addition, please download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version (8.0.24.3).
    • First, please make a copy of the license key entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key as you need it to download NinjaTrader.
    • Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.
    • Download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version from the link below.
      https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I installed the latest version of NT, created a custom trading hours template, and I no longer have the blank space. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post FrancisMorro  
      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
      10 responses
      0 likes