Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions

I have a couple of questions I would like clarification on:

1. When downloading historical data, does NinjaTrader automatically download the data from whatever data provider you're connected to ? i.e. I'm connected to an FXCM live account connection, when I go into Tools > Historical Data > Load > Download and then download forex pair data from there, while my NinjaTrader is connected to my FXCM live account, will it be FXCM data that gets downloaded ?

2. Is there a way to take the indicator parameter text off my chart screen ? i.e. make it invisible ? Its kind of cluttering my chart a bit and making it so that I cannot see the date range in the top left corner of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by JackK View Post
      I have a couple of questions I would like clarification on:

1. When downloading historical data, does NinjaTrader automatically download the data from whatever data provider you're connected to ? i.e. I'm connected to an FXCM live account connection, when I go into Tools > Historical Data > Load > Download and then download forex pair data from there, while my NinjaTrader is connected to my FXCM live account, will it be FXCM data that gets downloaded ?
      When you setup your FXCM connection, is the 'NinjaTrader historical data server' checked or unchecked?

I think a deeper answer, whether the historical data is downloaded from NT8 servers or FXCM servers,
      first depends on that checkbox.
      Last edited by bltdavid; 07-04-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackK View Post
        2. Is there a way to take the indicator parameter text off my chart screen ? i.e. make it invisible ? Its kind of cluttering my chart a bit and making it so that I cannot see the date range in the top left corner of the screen.
        Yes.

Right click in the chart and select 'Indicators'.

For each indicator who's label you wish to hide, goto that indicator's
        parameter settings (aka, property grid) and delete the text string in
        the 'Label' field in the 'Setup' section, then click the Apply button.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post

When you setup your FXCM connection, is the 'NinjaTrader historical data server' checked or unchecked?

I think a deeper answer, whether the historical data is downloaded from NT8 servers or FXCM servers,
          first depends on that checkbox.
          Thanks for the answers, so if I have the 'NinjaTrader historical data server' unchecked it will use the FXCM data if I'm connected to my live FXCM account yes ?

Comment

Hello JackK,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. That is correct, when unchecked, the data will be loaded via the FXCM historical data servers.

To remove the chart text, please right click on the chart > select Indicators.

Each plotted indicator will list in the lower left of this window. Select an indicator > remove the text entered for the "Label" field to the right. Repeat the process for each plotted indicator > press OK.

Let us know if we may assist further.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

#OP - if you want to stop the text in any indicator, delete as described then Save the indicator’s template. If you Save as Default each time you add the indicator to a chart in future, there will be no annoying & distracting text writing ‘War & Peace’ across your valuable screen real estate.
              Ask for #EricB for your vote to be added to the Feature Request to make Global Toggling of this Field an Option

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
                #OP - if you want to stop the text in any indicator, delete as described then Save the indicator’s template. If you Save as Default each time you add the indicator to a chart in future, there will be no annoying & distracting text writing ‘War & Peace’ across your valuable screen real estate.
                Ask for #EricB for your vote to be added to the Feature Request to make Global Toggling of this Field an Option
                will do, thanks Bruce

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes