Volume Profile won't re-render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Profile won't re-render

I use a weekly volume profile chart. The pic attached is a Weekly NQ. Sometimes, after I restart NT, a week that was previously displaying correctly shows up like this. I've tried reloading all historical data, reloading ninjascript, restarted NT but the Volume Profile won't render correctly for that week. Eventually I'll restart enough times or something happens that it re-draws the VP indicator correctly but I don't know how to spur that action, it just eventually happens on it's own. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
    Nick

Hello Nick,

Unfortunately I can't view the attached pic. Am I correct you refer to the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator?

What exactly is showing incorrect for the week in question?

Do you notice any consistency between the weeks that show incorrectly. Is this always the Weekly price bar before the current Weekly price bar?

In addition, what NinjaTrader 8 version do you have installed? You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About (8.0.xx.x).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's usually a week that is more than 2 weeks ago. I am using 8.0.24.2 64-bit.

Why can't you can't see the picture?

Click image for larger version

Name:	brokenProfile.png
Views:	292
Size:	910.5 KB
ID:	1162421
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Nick,

I'm not sure why I can't view the picture in your first post. I tried a different web browser, but it did not make a difference. I can see the picture of your 2nd post.

Can you please set 'Profile period' to Bars for the Order Flow Volume Profile in the Indicator menu. Check if the volume profile plots as expected.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It was set to bars already, but I changed it to sessions and back to bars, restarted NT, it's still incorrect.

Comment

Hello NickyD,

Thank you for your reply.

Let's try to clear your historical data cache, and see if this corrects the issue.

To delete the cache, follow the steps below.
            • Shut down NinjaTrader.
            • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
            • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
            • Delete the sub-folder named 'day'.
            • Restart NinjaTrader and test.
            Does the issue persist after pulling fresh data from the server?
            Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Deleted 'cache' and 'day', restarted, reloaded historical data, reloaded ninjascript,it's still incorrect.

Comment

Hello NickyD,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to try and reproduce this problem on my end. Please let me know the following information;
                • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
                • How many days of data do you have loaded onto your chart? (This setting is found in the 'Data Series' window)
                • What 'Trading Hours' setting do you have applied to the chart? (This setting is found in the 'Data Series' window)
                Additionally, please send me a screenshot of your Order Flow Volume Profile settings from within the 'Indicators' window with all of the parameters clearly visible.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to your response.

Comment

I am using Continuum with 365 days loaded. Screenshots attached of all settings.

Name:	indicatorSettings.png
Views:	249
Size:	738.3 KB
ID:	1162474

Name:	DataSeries.png
Views:	247
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1162475

Name:	defaultTradingHours.png
Views:	248
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	1162476

Name:	tradingHoursDefinition.png
Views:	245
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	1162477
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello NickyD,

Thank you for providing all of that information.

When testing with Continuum data and your exact settings, I do not get the same result and my profiles render correctly for each bar. That indicates to me that the problem is not with the data or the Order Flow Volume Profile across the board, but that the issue is instead isolated to something local to your PC. Since that is the case, we will be able to fix this but may need to troubleshoot a bit more.

The first thing that I would like you to do is resync your PC clock. When a PC clock becomes out of sync, it can cause a myriad of unexpected issues with the data.

Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
                    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
                    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
                    • Select Adjust date/time
                    • For Windows 10 click 'Date, Time, and regional formatting' -> Then click 'Additional date, time, and regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
                    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
                    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
                    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
                    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
                    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

If this does not correct the issue, I'd like you to also clear your 'Minute' data. Since the profile is using the 'Minute' resolution setting, it is being built from minute data. To do this;
                    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
                    • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
                    • Delete the sub-folder named 'minute'.
                    • Restart NinjaTrader and test.
                    Please let me know if neither of the above corrects the issue.

Comment

Deleting the 'minute' folder fixed it. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by guillembm, Today, 11:25 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                      Started by owensd, 04-21-2024, 11:34 PM
                      9 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby