Can't Connect to FXCM LIVE Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Connect to FXCM LIVE Account

Sunday 9pm UK time. Status light remains yellow. Tested demo account credentials and it connects fine. Live account however stuck on yellow. Have the following as last lines in trace file:

2021-07-11 20:57:26:818 (My NinjaTrader FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onSessionStatusChanged0: status='Connected' connectionStatus='Connecting'
    2021-07-11 20:57:26:818 (My NinjaTrader FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.onSessionStatusChanged1: CONNECTION_NAME='GBREAL' EXT_PRICE_TERMINAL='PREAL4_PRICES'
    2021-07-11 20:57:27:146 (My NinjaTrader FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.OnGetAccounts
    2021-07-11 20:57:27:146 (My NinjaTrader FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.OnGetAccounts.Auth0
    2021-07-11 20:57:27:254 (My NinjaTrader FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.OnGetAccounts.Auth2: ex='The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.'
    2021-07-11 20:57:27:254 (My NinjaTrader FXCM) Fxcm.Adapter.GetAccounts6: ex.Message='Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.'

If I substitute my multi broker NT license key for an NT SIM license key, the connection is successful. I fail to connect when using my lifetime license NT key.

Comment

Is connecting by rolling back to 8.0.24.3. It is failing with internal build 8.0.25.0, which is a build supplied by NT support to solve reconnect issues with Interactive brokers, which I assume are going to return with build 8.0.24.3 installed. Why has 8.0.24.3 started failing with live account FXCM connections?

Comment

Hello pmn100,

We should note that the work after Release 24.2 for the Interactive Brokers reconnect issues was made before the FXCM update that was pushed into Release 24.3. We should also be clear that the internal build testing is not to provide a solution, but merely testing changes made that potentially fix the issue. With all internal build testing, there may be some untested features or changes which will not be fully polished until a regular release. (We would like to make this clear to preface expectations when testing internal builds.)

So I am clear with my understanding:

1. You were having issues connecting to FXCM with the internal build (8.0.25.0,) but the changes to Interactive Brokers improved this situation from what it was prior. (We are still investigating reconnect issues)
        2. You were not having issues connecting to FXCM with Release 24.3, but the situation with the IB reconnect behaviors is worse.

The above is where we would be at unless you are reporting another type of issue. If so, please elaborate on what you are facing to clarify my understanding.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I cannot connect to fxcm live account as well.

Comment

Hello asmmbillah,

Can you confirm you are seeing this with Release 24.3? We released a new update to NinjaTrader 8 specifically to address an FXCM API change.

If we are looking at connection issues to FXCM live accounts with Release 24.3, please reach out to me over email with your log and trace files. We may want to perform additional tests connecting to your account from our end if you permit us so we can investigate further.

Sending in Log and trace over email:

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: "3176686 ATTN Jim"

Please also include a link to this thread, and if you permit us, the username and password to test with.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply. As you know I'm one of the people having issues with IB reconnecting after server shutdowns or TWS restarts and I have been running the internal build 8.0.25.0 which I believe includes improvements for the IB reconnect issues that exist in the current release 8.0.24.3. All was working fine with FXCM and IB multi license connection until Sunday pm when I tried to connect to FXCM but got a permanent yellow light. IB connected fine.

Nothing else has changed my end so I'm wondering if FXCM pushed something specifically at the weekend to cause this failure? I could connect to a FXCM demo account fine, just not a real account. I know there have been issues with FXCM of late where demo account wouldn't connect, but live accounts were fine, so maybe this is something similar. Also worth noting that using a @SIM license key with build 8.0.25.0 allowed me to connect to my live FXCM account, whereas my live multibroker NT license key was failing.

I rolled back to 8.0.24.3 and was able to connect to FXCM but I suspected I might see issues with IB reconnect again, but looking at my log and trace files today it would appear the reconnect after the server restart went without issue. Previously on build 8.0.24.3 I have had failure to reconnect to IB price servers at this time. If you remember, I have since upgraded TWS to a later version than the one suggested by NT to use so the earlier version of TWS may have been the culprit of failed IB reconnects all along.

Anyway, something changed with FXCMs connection process over the weekend. It broke connecting to a live account with build 8.0.25.0 but didn't impact connecting with build 8.0.24.3. I don't know if thats something you need to explore incase that coding for FXCM connections in build 8.0.25.0 is to go into a future release, although going by your reply, you have already modified this in the current release.

Everything working for me at the moment on 8.0.24.3 but will continue to monitor.
              Last edited by pmn100; 07-12-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks pmn100,

Yes, regarding the connection reset where Price feed did not connect, I reproduced on our internal build and we have an internal ticket open regarding it. That ticket ID is NTEIGHT-14949.

Release 24.3 does not contain the Interactive Brokers changes. The FXCM changes in Release 24.3 were "cherry-picked" from later changes to the Release 25.0 branch which does contain the interim changes for the Interactive Brokers re-connection issues.

I am sending you another message over email to follow up with the testing you have done.

Comment

I have had the same problem since trying to connect after the weekend. Sent a message to Ninja Trader whom advised me to contact FXCM. FXCM initially advised that they were having problems so I let it go and missed trading on Monday night (Australian Time). Tuesday night FXCM advised the following;

There was an update to our ForexConnect API, and NinjaTrader had to implement this change on their platforms in order to be able to connect with an FXCM account. It seems like the update happened on NT8, but not on NT7.

Now I only use NT7 as I have purchased propriety trading system with indicators that only work in NT7. I emailed NT last night and now 9hrs later have had no response. The question is, when will the update be released for NT7 for the FXCM ForexConnect API.

Comment

Welcome to the forums phillw1962,

Regarding NinjaTrader 7, the change to FXCM's API affected connecting to FXCM historical data servers. You may still connect to NinjaTrader historical data servers with an FXCM connection by editting the connection form the Control Center's Tools > Account Connections menu, and then reconnecting to FXCM.

Regarding your email to us, I did not see a ticket related to the email address associated with your forum account. You would have received an initial reply stating the message was received. If you did not receive this message, there may have been a typo in the email sent.

If you are still having issues connecting with FXCM after changing the historical data server to NinjaTrader servers, please try sending another email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 3176686" and a link to this thread. I may request to use your account to test connecting on my end and if you have issues connecting to NinjaTrader 8 which would point to something in the account that would need to be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
                      Welcome to the forums phillw1962,

Regarding NinjaTrader 7, the change to FXCM's API affected connecting to FXCM historical data servers. You may still connect to NinjaTrader historical data servers with an FXCM connection by editting the connection form the Control Center's Tools > Account Connections menu, and then reconnecting to FXCM.

Regarding your email to us, I did not see a ticket related to the email address associated with your forum account. You would have received an initial reply stating the message was received. If you did not receive this message, there may have been a typo in the email sent.

If you are still having issues connecting with FXCM after changing the historical data server to NinjaTrader servers, please try sending another email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 3176686" and a link to this thread. I may request to use your account to test connecting on my end and if you have issues connecting to NinjaTrader 8 which would point to something in the account that would need to be addressed.
                      Hi Jim, I have just sent an email as requested. Changing historical servers or deselecting them all together has not worked. The log file error is as follows; FXCM (Live): NinjaTrader could not reach FXCM's authentication server Please try again in a few minutes. If a second attempt fails, please contact [email protected].(LoginFailed)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post yertle
                      by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes