Unhandled exception: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: File path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled exception: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: File path

Good Morning, I have made a backup file from my computer and imported it on another computer, but now Ninja keeps giving me this message when I try to open it.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Regards,
    Carlito178
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Does the new computer have OneDrive controlling the Documents folder?

There are times that One Drive and NinjaTrader 8 are able to coexist on a PC and there are times that they are not.
    • If you do not actively use One Drive and only have it on your PC because it came with it installed, I could provide instructions on how to stop the One Drive from backing up your Documents folder so that it does not interfere with NinjaTrader.
    • This would at least remove One Drive as being a possibility that this behavior is occuring.
    As a test before going the route above, please try to simply uninstall the NinjaTrader platform and then reinstall NinjaTrader from the
    • If you run into an error where the platform is not able to be uninstalled, please use the publicly available link below to download a windows utility that will help you uninstall NinjaTrader 8:
    • After uninstalling, please use the following link to redownload the update/install file and reinstall NinjaTrader 8:
      • www.NinjaTrader.com > Enter your email > Submit > Download > Click the file > Run > Click next until installed
      • Test for issues
    If you are still running into errors, you may follow along with this infographic I created on stopping One Drive from backing up the Documents folder to remove it as a factor.
    • If you do this process, please create a backup file of your platform first so you can reimport everything as this process will result in a fresh installation of NinjaTrader. Otherwise, you will have to manually move the files.
    • https://www.screencast.com/t/2pKLiLVJm
    Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, the re install worked. I had to put the old NinjaTrader 8 folder in a different folder for back up first, for it to work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
      24 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post spwizard  
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Max238