Historical Data Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data Changes

I purchased a lifetime NT8 licence today so as to be able to use my FXCM live account through NT8, however I don't want to trade using my FXCM live account yet as I want to continue practicing using my FXCM demo account before I go live, however I want to backtest using the historical data that I have downloaded using my FXCM live account (about 10 years worth of historical data),

My question is if I connect to my FXCM live account, download 10 years worth of data for each forex pair, and then disconnect from my live account to connect to my demo account to trade with, will the demo account data write over the live account data that I have previously downloaded ? As I do not want to backtest using demo historical data as there are some minor differences.

Hello JackK,

Thank you for the question.

If you connect to your Live Account and download all of the Historical Data that is going to be needed to run the backtest, then the platform will not need to download any new market data once you disconnect and switch over to the Demo account.
    • Just make sure that your backtest does not include the current date as this is going to constantly change as the day progresses and new market data comes in.

Essentially, if you connect to your live account and run the Backtest on the Sim101 Account, it will request all of the market data that is needed to run that strategy specifically.

Then, you could switch over to the Demo connection and run the Backtest on the Demo Account, and it will use the same market data that was downloaded for the Backtest when connected to the live account.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post WHICKED
    by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    15 responses