Strange Candle Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Candle Behavior

I sometimes experience inaccurate candles and corresponding volume. In today's example see this giant wick on the ES that didn't happen along with volume. I'm using Continuum data. Any ideas what casuses this or how to prevent it? Possibly related but also sometimes my session volume profile will load as a cumulative but once I switch symbols it typically fixes itself.Click image for larger version

Name:	wick.PNG
Views:	184
Size:	424.3 KB
ID:	1163638

Hello synthhokie,

If you right click in your chart and select "Reload All Historical Data" does this resolve the data issue? If this does not to ensure you do not have any corrupt data stored please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Documents
    • NinjaTrader 8
    • Open the db folder
    • Delete the cache, day, minute and tick folders
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    This initial load may take a little longer than normal since all new data is being loaded from the historical data servers.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Reloading the historical data worked this time. I've tried that previously and it didn't work so I'll try the cache folder as well next time. Any idea how the data can get corrupted like that?

Comment

I've seen weird stuff like this before. The solution for me was to close NT8 when I'm done for the day and re-open it in the morning (or when you want to use it again). I haven't seen it buggy like that from a fresh start.

Comment

Is your PC going into Sleep or Hibernation mode? If so this can cause connection issues which can result in data issues. If your PC is going into Sleep or Hibernation mode we suggest closing NinjaTrader then opening it fresh when stepping away from your PC or changing the PC Power Options to Never go into Sleep or Hibernation.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do close NT every evening. However it is possible it's the computer going to sleep. I don't have it set to hibernate. I'll have to be mindful of that and monitor it. Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view