Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are Drawing Objects saved ?

Hello,
    I wish to know where & how are drawing objects saved ?
    Today I got strange behavior while working with Trend Channel, I wanted to change the dash style so I double clicked & got error for price level then I hit F5 & same error flooded then all objects removed from chart after hanging for few seconds (only current tab is affected, others seem to be OK for now). I haven't added any price level, its only trend line & parallel line with area fill. Refer attached pop-up error & log errors.
    For now I am clearing cache & restarting NT, any help is appreciated.

Hello s.kinra,

Thank you for your post.

1. Drawing objects are saved as part of your workspace file. If all of your drawing objects were removed but you have recently saved your workspace prior to that, you may be able to restore them to a previous state by using the workspace restore feature that is available under Tools > Database Management.

If the most recent workspace backup doesn't restore your drawing objects, I would suggest that you keep trying in descending order starting from the most recent date. If that does not work, and you've created a backup of the entire platform recently, you may try to restore your platform itself to an earlier saved point by using the restore feature at Tools > Import > Backup File... (Please note that using this method requires that you've actually created a backup. If there are no backup files available, then this option would not work for you).

If neither of the above work, then unfortunately you will need to manually redraw your drawing objects. Please be sure to create regular backups in the future to minimize loss.

2. I was unable to reproduce this error on my end. When I create a trend channel, open the properties window and change the dash style, I am able to do so without error. Are you still experiencing this error? If so, can you provide steps that reliably reproduce this error so that I may recreate the issue on my end?

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Zachary,
      Yes I have the backup of Workspace & I save frequently so no issues with it. I wanted to know the root cause of this error & it happened for first time with me, I use many tools with multiple tabs so wanted to be double sure. Even I would like to reproduce this error, currently all is working fine.

Comment

Hello s.kinra,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, since I can't recreate the issue, I wouldn't really know what the root cause is at this point. With that said, I'd be happy to help get to the bottom of it.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look further into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3182466 ATTN Zachary
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 07-15-2021, 11:39 AM.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Zachary,
          Mail sent!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post funk10101