Resetting DB hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting DB hangs

NT8 Resetting DB... dialog hangs, or takes a very long time on a very fast machine. I have the Windows indeterminate progress spinner displayed. I can try to close the dialog but I get a message "You cannot close this window while it is still working." Understood. I'm concerned there is a race condition that will never end and I don't want to force-quit the app and corrupt the database while it is in use. It's been running for a half hour now.

1. How long should this operation take on the average database?
    2. Does it sound like NT8 is locked up and if so, is it okay to just kill the Windows process without corrupting files?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	resetting-db.png
Views:	544
Size:	848.1 KB
ID:	1163706

Hello bfalls,
    Thank you for the question.

It sounds like the Database file may be very large and taking a long time to reset. For comparison, a brand new Database file in NinjaTrader 8 is around 8,384 kb or 8.384 mb.

If you need to Reset your Database and is taking an unreasonably long time to Reset, you may need to Force close NinjaTrader and manually Reset the Database by creating a new Database file.
    • Force close NinjaTrader using the Task Manager
    • Go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > db > NinjaTrader.sdf, right-click on this file and select "Rename" and change the name to "NinjaTrader Old.sdf" and press Enter on your keyboard to save the name change
    • Reopen NinjaTrader and you will have a brand new Database file
    Force Closing NinjaTrader shouldn't result in the loss of anything except for unsaved changes to a Workspace. So, if you have not saved the Workspace yet, any changes since it was last saved will be lost.

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    11 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post xiinteractive  
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes