Export Data to Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export Data to Excel

Hello! Tel me please is it possible to export OHLC data to Excel from Ninja for the specified period of time, for instance for the last 20 candles?

Thanks!

Hello U0000999,

Thank you for your post.

It would not be possible to only export a snippet of historical data but this may be done by exporting an entire day.

This may be done by using the Historical Data window within NinjaTrader 8 under the Control Center > Tools > Historical Data.

Within this window under the 'Edit' tab expand 'Historical' and navigate to the instrument and day you wish you export.

Then right-click in the list on the right side of the window and select 'Export', name the file, and where you wish to save the file.

Lastly, click 'Save' to save the file
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

About this export option, There use to be an option to export by date in the export data manager window in NT7. I do have a data folder in NT7 DB folder but the data does not show up in the manager under export. For NT8, I can use export from load tab but only a certain number of lines are exported to .txt, Then I have to import into excel using the process... The edit side in NT8 only offer to export one day at a time which is silly.

1. Why did you removed the export by date option in NT8?
      2. Why am I not seeing my data in the export data manager window in NT7?
      3. Is there any software, plugins, script, which would allowed me to export the entire content of a 1 minutes instrument which goes back to 2006?
      I will not export this one day at a time, so there must be a way...

regards,

Lantic
      Last edited by Lanticalt; 08-12-2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Hello Lantic,

Thank you for your inquiry.

1. We didn't remove the option to export historical data by date. You can export historical data in NinjaTrader 8 by going to Tools > Export > Historical Data. You may read more about exporting at the link below;

2. What 'export data manager' window in NinjaTrader 7 are you referring to? Can you please provide a screenshot? If you are referring to 'Export' tab of the 'Historical Data Manager' window, you will first need to load the data from your data provider for it to be available to export.

3. I'm not certain if this would exist. NinjaTrader's export function will allow you to export as much as your provider supplies, but it will be separated by contract month and will not be merged together.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Mizzouman1  
        Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
        1 response
        0 likes