Problem regarding chart data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem regarding chart data

I Installed NinjaTrader8 today and I logged in using my demo login credentials; the problem I'm facing is concerning the chart data on timeframes smaller than daily, for example when i choose a 1minute timeframe I get the message on the picture below and I only get the candles of the same time minute and beyond.
    what should I do to resolve this issue?

please note that the charts work perfectly on timeframes starting from Daily

Hello MusJer,

Thanks for your post.

The error mentions the file path name for downloading historical data is too large, which would mean the path for saving data C:\Users\YourName\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\ path is too many characters. This is why you would see realtime bars and not historical bars.

Cloud Syncing software can result in this path actually residing in a subfolder which can then result in the path being even larger. If this is the case for you, you may consider disabling/uninstalling the Cloud Syncing Software and reinstalling NinjaTrader.

Installers for NinjaTrader may be downloaded here - https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Alternatively, you can consider creating a new Windows username and ensure the name given is short so this file path is not long enough to hit this error. NinjaTrader would need to be installed on this account as well.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, it works now

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM