Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I download Market Playback for older futures like NQ 06-21?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I download Market Playback for older futures like NQ 06-21?

Hi How can I download Market Playback for older futures like NQ 06-21?

Click image for larger version

Name:	nq-06-21.png
Views:	1439
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1164996

Hello MatthewLesko,

Unfortunately there is only Market Replay available to download for the last 90 days.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To avoid that problem for future you should change some settings.
      Tools/options/market data
      Tick the box for "Enable market recording for playback"
      Now NT8 will automatically register every day the data.
      If you keep that data you can later still test it. So the data you record can still be used in Market Replay next year (I think, never kept or used it for data so long ago).

Name:	2021-07-25 13_22_58-Window.jpg
Views:	1563
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1165005
      Last edited by marcus2300; 07-25-2021, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Hello
        I do not work for ninja trader this is just my experience.

Depending on your data provider... I have ninja trader continuum

I am able to download approximately 2 years of data... tools / historical data / download
        Make sure to choose all the time frame options tick, minute, day, ask, bid, last... with all this information I find it as accurate as market replay data.

Anything older you will probably have to purchase the data from a vendor.

I believe recording market data uses a lot of computer resources.
        Also you can just download market replay each day going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by sdauteuil View Post
          Hello

I am able to download approximately 2 years of data... tools / historical data / download
          Make sure to choose all the time frame options tick, minute, day, ask, bid, last... with all this information I find it as accurate as market replay data.

Anything older you will probably have to purchase the data from a vendor.

I believe recording market data uses a lot of computer resources.
          Also you can just download market replay each day going forward.
          Correct, but you cannot use that data for Market Replay.
          You need to download from Tools/import/historical data/get market replay data
          And there you have not more than 90 days. Your downloads are useless for market replay data.
          I think you don't understand the difference between the use of market data replay and historical data. Market data can replay in any timeframe the past trading days and for each step the exact value of each indicator. It is not about accuracy.
          I have ninja trader continuum too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	aaa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.1 KB ID:	1165018
          Last edited by marcus2300; 07-25-2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I do not want to lead people down the wrong road but I am not sure about the difference.

You cannot playback Market Replay and historical data at the same time you need to choose one or the other.

When using playback if you choose historical instead of Market Replay it seems to work the same as Market Replay data in terms of the playback.

I have tested both and received the same results.

Name:	Playback.PNG
Views:	1437
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1165024

Comment

If I work the way I normally do, I don't have to download anything as NT8 downloads automatically the data needed for market replay.

I see now that your way works too. And data seems to have the same quality.
              Last edited by marcus2300; 07-25-2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I just noticed that if you want to use market replay on todays data, you have to use my method (download via Kinetick and use data from market replay) as the data from today is not available in historical data.

If you want to use market replay on data from before today, the method of @sdauteil is more easy as you don't need to connect first to Kinetick.You can download the data while connected to your datafeed.
                You can also download several days at once, which you cannot do with my method.

Comment

These guys offer market replay data
                  The Intentional Trader aims to provide you with the new market replay data downloader NinjaTrader 8. You can download multiple days in one click and rest easy as your replay data downloads. Contact us now!

EB Worx
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

Originally posted by EB Worx View Post
                    These guys offer market replay data
                    The Intentional Trader aims to provide you with the new market replay data downloader NinjaTrader 8. You can download multiple days in one click and rest easy as your replay data downloads. Contact us now!
                    Pay each year $90? No thanks.

People who wish to use Market Replay FOR FREE should go like this:
                    start up NT8 and make connection with your datafeed provider
                    1. Go to TOOLS
                    2. Click IMPORT
                    3. Select HISTORICAL DATA
                    4. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1406
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1165476
                    5. Select the Instrument, start and end date and select all intervals TICK MINUTE and DAY
                    6. Select LAST and push the DOWNLOAD button
                    7. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1371
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1165477
                    8. Close your datafeed connection
                    9. Open PLAYBACK CONNECTION
                    10. Select HISTORICAL DATA instead of MARKET REPLAY

Now you can use the downloaded data in Market Replay

Comment

Please note that only historical tick data can be replayed with the Playback connection (when selecting Historical instead of Market Replay). So it is not necessary to download historical minute and day data.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus2300 View Post
                        Pay each year $90? No thanks.
                        First of all, I'm not affiliated with these guys. Just trying to help.
                        In NinjaTrader itself you can only download market replay data for the last 90 days. If you want more then these guys offer a solution

What you are describing is reloading historical data, which is not the same as market replay data (i guess???)
                        Perhaps NinjaTrader can comment what the difference is between downloading historical tick data and downloading market replay data
                        Jason.. can you comment on this ?
                        EB Worx
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

Please see the link below that explains the difference between replaying historical tick data or replaying Market Replay data.
                          https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gHowThePlaybac kWorks

Comment

Originally posted by EB Worx View Post
                            First of all, I'm not affiliated with these guys. Just trying to help.
                            In NinjaTrader itself you can only download market replay data for the last 90 days. If you want more then these guys offer a solution

What you are describing is reloading historical data, which is not the same as market replay data (i guess???)
                            Perhaps NinjaTrader can comment what the difference is between downloading historical tick data and downloading market replay data
                            Jason.. can you comment on this ?
                            I used the Market Replay with the 90 days limitation for 2 years. What you proposed is a very good solution... till I found out after googling that historical data is the same data but level 2 is missing. As I don't used level 2 I started to work with historical data. Works for me perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by JANE MIR
                              Hello

That's exactly my experience too.

This is what Jason wrote:"Please note that only historical tick data can be replayed with the Playback connection (when selecting Historical instead of Market Replay). So it is not necessary to download historical minute and day data."
                              I checked that and indeed you only need tick data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB