Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Bars beyond RTH - NT8

Good day,

with the Trading Hours set to “CME US Index Futures RTH” my candlestick charts show additional bars from 4:35pm to 5:00pm ET.

I have created a new Trading Hour Template, Monday-Friday 08:30 to 16:15, EDO ckecked, then Saved, Applied and Reloaded All Historical Data but no changes appear. My chart still shows additional bars from 4:35pm to 5:00pm ET.

Am I missing a step?

Thank you for your help
    I run NT version 8.0.23.2 64-bit.

Hello Federico.info,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Trading Hours. Select the 'CME US Index Futures RTH' template on the left and check what start and end times are listed on the right. Do these times justify the data in the chart?

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select "Reload All Historical Data"?

Do you have the trading hours template selected in the Data Series menu of the chart or do you have <Use instrument settings> selected in the Data Series menu and you have the trading hours template selected in the instrument settings?

What instrument do you have selected in the chart when it loads data outside the start and end times of the trading hours template selected? Do you experience the issue for all instruments you try?

In addition, you have a previous version installed (8.0.23.2). Can you please download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version (8.0.24.3).
    • First, please make a copy of the license key entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key as you need it to download NinjaTrader.
    • Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.
    • Download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version from the link below.
      https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason.
      Below asnwers to your questions.

1. Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Trading Hours. Select the 'CME US Index Futures RTH' template on the left and check what start and end times are listed on the right. Do these times justify the data in the chart?

Since the Predertimed Trading Hours Template for 'CME US Index Futures RTH' shows now 08:30 to 16:00 EOD checked. I created a new template from 08:30 t0 16:15 EOD checked.

Saved, Applied and Refreshed

And. The answer is. No. Chart shows bars until 17:00 ( In my country untill 22:00 instead of 21:15. Don't know if this is an issue or not)

2. Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select "Reload All Historical Data"?

No.

3. Do you have the trading hours template selected in the Data Series menu of the chart or do you have <Use instrument settings> selected in the Data Series menu and you have the trading hours template selected in the instrument settings?

I have set, my new template in the Tools--> Instruments--> my instrument--> Trading Hours--> my template, and then also in the Data Series menu of the chart in Trading Hours my new template also.

What instrument do you have selected in the chart when it loads data outside the start and end times of the trading hours template selected? Do you experience the issue for all instruments you try?

Instruments; ES, MES.

Yes other instruments for the CME behave the same way.

4.In addition, you have a previous version installed (8.0.23.2). Can you please download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version (8.0.24.3).

Done and running. All trials made under this new version.

Regards
      FS

Comment

Can you please check what time zone you have selected at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->General-->Time zone.

What time zone do you have selected for the trading hours template? You can check this at Control Center-->Tools-->Trading Hours.

Comment

All fixed and ready.
          Thank you Jason

Comment

I noticed exactly the same issue. When using RTH you get data up to 5pm Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	1165409Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	1165408Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	421.0 KB
ID:	1165410Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	1165407
            EB Worx
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

#EB Worx - that’s because you have trading hours template using Central Time (4pm) and Time Zone set to EST. 4pm CT is 5pm EST, hence why you have bars up to 5pm (EST)?
              Don’t know if 4pm CT EOD trading hours template is a change by NT, anything to do with recent CME change to do away with closed period at end of day, making Globex contracts continuous. Perhaps Support will enlighten.

Comment

Hello EB Worx,

As brucerobinson mentions, you have US Eastern time selected at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->General-->Time zone, so it will load data up to 5:00pm in the chart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                31 responses
                1 like
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes