Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Maximum Commission

Hi NinjaTrader Support,

I've set Interactive Brokers commissions successfully for Minimum Commission and Per-Unit Commission, however there doesn't appear to be an option to set a maximum commission, please could you advise?

For context, US stocks on IB fixed tier cost $0.005 per share, with a minimum of $1 per order and maximum of 1% trade value per order (https://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...1590&p=stocks1)

If I order say 6,200 stocks priced at $0.81 per share, NT8 is showing $62 commission. IB's actual commission here would be ((6200*0.81)*0.01 =) $50.22 because it's capped at 1%. Is there a solution please for specifying the maximum commission?

Many thanks

ChainsawDR

Hello ChainsawDR,

Thank you for your note.

To apply commissions, please take the steps below.
    1. Navigate to the Accounts tab of the Control Center
    2. Right-click on the Account you would like to apply the commissions to, and select 'Edit Account'
    3. In the 'Commission' drop-down menu, select the commission template.
    4. Click OK

If the commission templates you see don't suit you, then you would have to create a custom commissions template which you may do so by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Commissions. In this window, click, "add" in the Templates section towards the bottom left side to create a new template. Next, depending on the instrument type you intend on trading, click on the instrument type in the 'Commission per instrument type' section, and click edit. Lastly, add the 'Minimum commission' or 'Per-unit commission' and then click 'OK'. Follow the above steps to apply the commission template to your account.

Unfortunately, the prior orders you've executed will not be applied with commissions, however, the new orders you execute will have the commissions applied.

Additionally, please see the following publicly available NinjaTrader 8 help guide link on Working With Commission Templates:
    Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
    Eleanore T.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Eleanore. Unfortunately I've already implemented all of these steps - my question relates to setting a maximum commission rate (I think my original post is clear but please let me know if I should restate the question).

Many thanks

ChainsawDR

Comment

Hello ChainsawDR,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, there are no maximum commission settings so this will not be possible.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. Is there an internal product suggestion queue that this could be added to for consideration as a future enhancement please? IB are a large broker and it feels fundamental to be able to predict accurate commission rates. In the mean time I'll code the correct commission rates and write to a file.

Thanks again

ChainsawDR

Comment

Hello ChainsawDR,

Thank you for your reply.

Of course! I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello ChainsawDR,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5302. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes