Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot have tickers with the same symbol from different exchanges

Hi,

I am starting to experience serious problems with instruments that have the same symbols, but from a different exchange. It even changed the data feed right in the middle of my trade, see the attached screenshot from NT / IBKR.

So I was able to nail down where the problem comes from, here are the steps to reproduce it:

1. import symbols (import stock symbols list) from two different exchanges that contain a pair of tickers with the same letters (I include the TSE and Nasdaq symbols if you want to try with the symbol AIM)
    2. if you apply an exchange on one of the ticker, the other will loose its exchange property and NT can only show 1 of the ticker in the symbol searches, even if there are 2 in the database.

My suggestion would be to support extra excel columns (i.e. description) when we import stock symbols, to make sure that the database recognizes they are from different exchanges. So now this new surprise brings me the fact that I will not be able to trade on the Nasdaq and TSX at the same time... This is getting quite complicated and tedious for my first weeks in Ninja Trader :/

p.s. the data feed that changed in realtime is from kinetick...
    Attached Files

Hello,

This would be expected if two instruments share the same instrument name/ticker. Do you experience the same if you change one of the instruments 'master instrument' field to something like AIM2?
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am sorry I have reset my database, and had to remove completely the TSX symbols because there are too many conflicting tickers between exchanges. I am having a hard time figuring out how this can be expected haha. It's the 3rd time in 2-3 days that I reset my database because of such conflicts.

Comment

Hello,

Can you screenshot the settings of an instrument where this is occurring?
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post z.franck  
        Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes