Issue when importing addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue when importing addon

NT has probably inherent issue when importing addons, which contain same dll files. For example, I've imported Addon_X (which contained Newtonsoft-json.dll), and next day i wanted to install other developer's addon. When importing, the NT ends up process with error:

.. Error compiling import assembly: error CS1703: An assembly with the same identity 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=...' has already been imported. Try removing one of the duplicate references.

So, i think NT should have some ability to handle such issues. Basically, that forces my to use only 1 addon, and I cant use both of them. Quite a problem.

Hello ttodua,

This can happen if the dll contained in the zip is something the platform uses internally and is included in the zip. The mentioned dll is used from the program files directory by the platform. One solution would be to use the platforms version of the assembly and then don't include the dll with the zip export.

To make the import work with this dll you could first reference the file from the program files folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64

I see that works to allow the import if you select the dll during the export. After making the zip you don't follow the instructions it says to include the .dll in the zip. Just leave the zip as is. During the import it will see the program files reference being used. The AdditionalReferences.txt has the following line:
    *ProgramFiles*\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\Newtonsoft.Json.dll

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse !!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post CortexZenUSA