Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latency with CME

Hi there!

I was doing a test, I am currently working on a SpeedyTrading VPS with Continuum, very good latency but I have had some drops lately.

I started researching and apparently CME is in Aurora, while CQG is in downtown Chicago. Rithmic is apparently in the same building as CME. I tested the connection and it went down from 0.06 to 0.02. The problem would be in the execution, since it would go to CQG.

Is my analysis correct? Do you work with a broker that is in the same building, or closer than CQG?

Thanks!

Hello rocker84,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, I do not know our brokerage works with a broker that is closer than CQG to the CME.

That being said, CQG accounts can connect via other servers. If CQG is your broker, you can contact them directly to ask you to set up your account with a different server.

The also clarified with a lead that the CME is also not located in Aurora so I suspect you may have pinged our server.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
    Eleanore T.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Eleanore View Post
      Hello rocker84,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, I do not know our brokerage works with a broker that is closer than CQG to the CME.

That being said, CQG accounts can connect via other servers. If CQG is your broker, you can contact them directly to ask you to set up your account with a different server.

The also clarified with a lead that the CME is also not located in Aurora so I suspect you may have pinged our server.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
      At the moment I am using Ninjatrader Brokerage, I thought it was based on CQG. Are there also several servers available?

The IP I have for connection is 64.208.51.212 located in downtown Chicago.

In the case of CME I only found the address through these comments (I think it is located on CyrusOne data center, Aurora , 35 miles from Chicago):

https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/col...-services.html

Comment

Originally posted by rocker84 View Post
        At the moment I am using Ninjatrader Brokerage, I thought it was based on CQG. Are there also several servers available?
        You said Rithmic was in the same building as CME?

That's great, right?
        Have you talked to NinjaTrader Brokerage about switching to Rithmic?

NinjaTrader Brokerage supports both Continuum and Rithmic accounts, but
        depending on what you're really trying to achieve, your choice of FCM could
        be critical.

Why?
        Multiple Rithmic accounts under a single login is only supported with Dorman.

Also, be aware Rithmic may require an extra monthly fee (whereas Continuum
        is usually free).

Contact 'orders [at] NinjaTrader [dot] com' for more info.

Comment

Hello rocker 84,

Thank you for your reply.

This question can be better addressed by our brokerage. You can reach out to them at brokeragesupport[AT]ninjatrader[dot]com.

NinjaTrader Brokerage supports both CQG and Rithmic. Is it possible to switch to a Rithmic based account if that is what you prefer. Please contact them directly for assistance.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
          Eleanore T.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post gentlebenthebear  
          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
          2 responses