Memory NT7 vs NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory NT7 vs NT8

Ok. I hope someone can help me here, maybe with my settings or something?
    I closed every single chart in NT8, yet I'm using up 1.1GB of memory vs 27 items open in NT7, comprising 0.5GB of memory...
    Do I need to make a setting change or is this the expected amount of RAM that NT8 should be consuming?
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello aaadetos,

I have tested this on my end and was unable to reproduce this behavior with only the Control Center open. Do you happen to have other workspaces open in the background which will also take CPU resources. To confirm go to the Control Center->Workspaces and any workspaces with a grey tile next to the name are open in the background.

To close workspaces go to the Control Center->Workspaces->Hover your mouse over any other open workspaces and select close.

Once all other workspaces are closed restart NinjaTrader and let me know if the issue persists.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. Restarting cleared the cache or something. Now I'm down to 182MB, which is more reasonable. In your experience, what is the max RAM that can be used without triggering lagging issues?
      Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately we do not have a specific number available for when this behavior can be seen in the platform such as lagging or rendering issues. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

#aaadetos - the following comments just 'throw aways' from memory (!) & I can't accurately recall whether applied/applies to 7 &/or 8, just might be an avenue for consideration, hope not a waste of time.

IIRC 7, or 8, or both, or might have been fixed - didn't 'release' some, or all, of ,memory used by opened workspaces even when they had been closed i.e. if you opened and closed several, memory used would be cumulative and only released after shutting platform i.e. you might only have one WS currently open, but if you'd opened an closed a further 9 since platform start you'd be occupying memory of 10. No idea if relevant to your situation

I'm sure it was so and not many Tech Support knew of and/or acknowledged it at the time, which was some time ago.
          I have no idea what the case is now in 8. Christopher may.

May be a non-issue today

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes