Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

After yesterdays FORCED upgrade IBGateway shuts down unexpectedly !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After yesterdays FORCED upgrade IBGateway shuts down unexpectedly !!!

Hi support,

After your forced software upgrade and therefor also forced IBGateway upgrade as mentioned in my post yesterday
    Hello, really strange behavior. NT8 will not start after this weekend. It was perfect on Friday's session end. But when I wanted to turn it on for next week session on my AWS CE2 machine it shut down after showing the NT splash screen at the beginning. I checked the logs and unstalled it and installed it again. Restarted the

IB Gateway crashed during the 1st night! IN OUR PRODUCTIVE ALGO ENVIRONMENT!!! AND YES WE LOST MONEY!!!
    We already saw this behaviour during out test around 6 months ago were we wanted to upgrade. That’s why we DID NOT upgrade NT8 in conjunction with new IBGateway.
    We already commented on this and other users in the past. But NOTHING happened, no improvements! IBGateway STILL CRASHES!

So, we really need to find a solution now, because NT8 is not usable any any longer with IB.
    Any suggestions?

Hello fernlicht,

Could you let us know which Gateway version you have installed?

While we have limited ability to troubleshoot a product we haven't developed ourselves, we have not heard any issues when using the supported Gateway version (981.3c). As such I would like to investigate this further and ensure we can solve it once and for all.

I look forward to your reply!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Manfred,

apologies for being a bit emotional here, I hope you can understand since our whole business is suspended until a reliable solution is found.

So, now the info :
      NT Version installed yesterday : 8.0.24.3
      IBGateway installed yesterday: 981.3c
      You can see the actual NT Log in the attachment.

Kindly await your answer

Attached Files

Comment

Hello fernlicht,

Be assured, we absolutely understand. I can only apologize this has led to such issues.

Could you forward us your most recent log & trace files? I would like to take a closer look at any reported error message.

While some third-party applications can interfere with the connection between TWS and NinjaTrader, I would not expect this to occur after an update.

To send us the files, please click on Help > Email Support.

Please also leave the following note in your email, that way we can quickly associate it with your post: ATTN Manfred 3215940.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok will do asap,

In the meanwhile I installed and connected NT to IB TWS and uninstalled IBGateway. Let‘s see if TWS‘s behaviour. Will report back.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Jon17
          by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
          0 responses