Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Forex.com data from over a year ago doesn't show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex.com data from over a year ago doesn't show?

I tried backtesting a strategy in 2020 and 2021 but it showed making zero trades in 2020 but not in 2021 and when I looked at the charts of the backtest they were completely empty in 2020 but not in 2021. my strategy should have definitely made some trades in that time period so the only thing it could be is that it's not loading historical data from before 2020 if so how do I fix this?

Hello Kirk Thorns,

It seems there is no historical data available for 2020 for the instrument in question. Can you please tell me on what instrument you backtest.

What interval (tick, minute, day, renko, etc) did you select in the backtest?

If you create a chart for the same instrument and interval that requests the same amount of historical data, do you load historical data for 2020?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I used the entire forex line up on ninja trader i used minute data, when I make a chart in the backtest it doesn't show anything other than this year and when I make a chart from new->chart it appears perfectly fine for only this year but not the rest
      Last edited by Kirk Thorns; 08-10-2021, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Can you please go to Control Center-->Connections and click configure in the lower right corner. Select your Forex.com connection in the Configured box in the lower left. Do you have 'NinjaTrader historical data server' enabled or disabled on the right? If disabled, please enable it and click OK. Subsequently perform a disconnect/reconnect of your Forex.com connection in NinjaTrader. Once reconnected, please perform a new backtest and check if the requested historical data is loaded.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you that seemed to have fixed my problem

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with this. However, I would really like to get data earlier than 2021 to analyze all the changes in the Forex market. Is it possible now or have they not solved this problem yet? <NinjaTrader Historical Data Server> is not working for me. You see, I recently came across an article for novice traders on this site. There I studied some analysis strategies, working with NT and Forex. Therefore, I became interested in this and wanted to check the turnover of cryptocurrency over the past years. But I didn't get access to this data.
            Last edited by bellasm; 03-14-2023, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Hello bellasm,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

You may need to reach out to your specific Forex data provider to see if they have additional historical data for the instruments you are trying to backtest as that would come from their servers as our Historical Data Servers only have Futures and Index instruments. As always, please feel free to write in with any additional questions you have regarding NinjaTrader.
              Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post mgco4you  
              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
              1 response