Collapse

Index Data from ThinkorSwim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you please tell me what exchange is listed in the ToS/TD Ameritrade platform for this index instrument.

Did you receive realtime prices at 700 in the ToS/TD Ameritrade platform?

What NinjaTrader version do you have installed? You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About (8.0.xx.x).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Exchange listed for $DXY in ToS is ICE and 700 is not real-time price of the index.

NT version is 8.0.22.2 64-bit

Comment

I suggest to use $DXY as symbol map and exchange set to 'Ice (Intercontinental Exchange)'.

I understand that the 700 is not the realtime price of this index instrument. However do you receive such prices in the ToS/TD Ameritrade platform as well for this index?

You have a previous version installed (8.0.22.2). Can you please download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version (8.0.24.3) and check if the issue persists.
        • First, please make a copy of the license key entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key as you need it to download NinjaTrader.
        • Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.
        • Download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version from the link below.
          https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Comment

After upgrading, NT give exception on start and shuts down.... being multi-broker lifetime license holder and brokerage client, the experience is really frustrating.

Comment

Can you please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response and send them to "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com". Put 'Att Jason, 3217675' in the subject field of your email.
            • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Can you please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response and send them to "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com". Put 'Att Jason, 3217675' in the subject field of your email.
              • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
              • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
              Hi NinjaTrader_Jason, ArbTrader

Did you ever resolve adding $DXY to the list of instrumnets for TD Ameritrade data. We have the issue here, please advise with final solution.

Thanks.
              Last edited by aligator; 08-10-2022, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your reply.

In looking back on that ticket, it looks as though they reinstalled the platform and then tried $DXY as symbol map in combination with the following 3 exchanges: Default, Nybot and Ice (Intercontinental Exchange).

Do you receive data for this with this setup?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
                Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
                  Hello aligator,

In looking back on that ticket, it looks as though they reinstalled the platform and then tried $DXY as symbol map in combination with the following 3 exchanges: Default, Nybot and Ice (Intercontinental Exchange).

Do you receive data for this with this setup?

Thank you NinjaTrader_Kate

Sorry, I missed your post. The end of this thread was inconclusive and nothing seemed to have worked. The issue may have been worked out based on Log and Trace files which is not documented here.

I do have the latest NT8 version running. The symbol $DXY seems to work with any or all of the 3 exchanges. However, non of the exchamges individually or combined work correctly for intraday day charts (i.e. 30M, etc.) The data for current day is always 0. The three exchanges each handle a different product (Index, futures, Future options, CDF, etc.) I assume Index data is provided by ICE.

I am using the ICE exchange or the Default for $DXY symbol mapping. Would you please confirm that the following mapping works on all time frames (Week, Day, Minute(s)? Also, please advise what the correct options are for the Instrument Type and Trading Hours to map. I would appreciate if you find a symbol map that would work for all time frames, if such data is available from ICE.

Many thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello aligator,

Try deleting that instrument and then go to Add in the Instruments window. Put DX as the master instrument name, check NYBOT and Default under Exchanges, and DX for the symbol mapping. Does that pull up data?

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes