Installation error - Files don't exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation error - Files don't exist

I just installed Ninja Trader 8, and I keep getting an error upon launching. It's trying to access files in the "log" and "trace" folders, but those folders are completely empty. I've tried reinstalling and even using previous versions of the software, but neither of those solutions worked. I get the same error when trying to launch the program is safe mode. I was able to get passed the first error (where it was looking for files in the log folder) by creating the files myself. However, this workaround didn't allow me to bypass the errors for missing files in the trace folder.

Hello flexxatronn,

The error is typically caused by a virus scanner, firewall or any other application that accesses/blocks/scans files in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder. Please make sure to configure your virus scanner or other application (automatic backup software for example) so that none of the files in this directory would be scanned/locked/accessed or remove that directory from the scanning list.

The error can also be caused by a recent Windows update and/or Windows Defender that set the Windows security setting of "Controlled Folder Access" to "On".
    • Please search in Windows for "Controlled Folder Access".
    • Click on "Controlled Folder Access".
    • Turn "Controlled Folder Access" to Off
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally Posted by flexxatronn

I tried to reinstall the previous Ninja Trader versions, but I got the same error. The software will be used to help me do my economics homework and I'll use the program's safe mode.
      Hello,

Looks like I had the same error. My antivirus was constantly blocking the files. So I had to disable it before installation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick