Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margin and liquidation values of CQG account

Hi,
    I saw in the NT documentation, plus I see on my platform, that Initial Margin, Net Liquidation Value etc are zero for an account I have with a broker using CQG data.

However... if I go snooping into the (binary) CQG files under my trace folder... I see embedded within them precisely this data! So... my question is, can NT update the CQG connector or whatever component is responsible for pulling the Cash Value field... and include Initial Margin, NLV and thus calculate Excess Margin (which does not appear to be in the data table in the trace file) ??

Cheers,
    T.

Hello tgn55,

Thank you for reaching out. Good question!

CQG should be able to provide this data for Cache Value, Net Liquidation, and Realized PnL as explained in by the following HelpGuide link:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?accounts_tab.htm#UnderstandingTheAccoun tsTab

If you are not receiving values for these columns, you might need a new database file so these values to reflect properly. Are you utilizing NinjaTrader 8?

If so, we advise that you rename your database to resolve this item using the following steps :
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...up_archive.htm

Does the value now reflect for these columns?

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Eleanore; 08-12-2021, 01:10 PM.
    Eleanore T.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hmm... thanks, but you might want to edit your post... the link to Accounts tab above is incorrect ;-) And yes I am using latest NT8

More importantly... the real Accounts Tab page documentation shows that for CQG, no margin info is available... says Net Liquidation is... so is still somewhat out of synch with my request.

Further... I have HEAPS of Strategy Analyser backtest data (that's in a separate folder though - not in the database file??), Instrument lists, historical executions etc that I cannot afford to ditch. So... scrapping my database and starting again isn't really an option. Best I'd be prepared to do would be a temporary change, just to see what happens... then would probably switch back. (Unless I got down and dirty into exporting said records from my old database, and imported them into the new ;-) Maybe next week...

T.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
      1 response
      0 likes