Having Problems connecting to license server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having Problems connecting to license server

Hello, i just installed NT8 and having error saying about problem connecting to license server. I look up my windows firewall setting and it seems ninja is a allowed apps.
    Can you give me guidance on this? because of this i have difficulties setting up rithmic connection.
    I dont think my fiber optic cabled connection to PC is problem here. also i dont use any other antivirus software aside from what maybe comes default from windows 10.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

It sounds like you're experiencing some general network connectivity issues.

The first thing I would recommend doing is shutting down NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exceptions list.

Using a hard wired Ethernet connection rather than WiFi can also provide a much higher quality connection.

To resolve general network connectivity issues, I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
      • Right-click on your Start button
      • Select 'Device Manager'
      • Expand 'Network Adapters'
      • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
      • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
      • Click 'OK' to save the changes
      • Do this for all Network Adapters
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco,

I tried all your suggestion.
      nothing works, including setting the folder exception and network adapter settings.

I called my ISP seems everything is fine from them.
      not sure what else to do here now

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "3221158 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.

Comment

the files you requested has been sent. kindly waiting for your feedback.
          thanks

Comment

Hello ##CUSTOMERFIRST##,

Thank you for your note.

I responded via email to the one you sent directly to us, please check your email for this and respond directly there so we are not maintaining two threads for the same issue. Having said that, the information I sent is here below:

The first thing I would recommend doing is shutting down NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

Then I would shut off all antivirus and firewall software and restart NinjaTrader to test.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
            • ISP issues
            • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
            • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. This usually happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
            • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

i guess you were confusing this thread with the email i sent many months ago to ninjatrader - but yes the issue were similar.
              so i take it there is no solution to this. my option right now is try to reinstall windows or using VPS to trade.
              please close the previous support ticket so we are not confusing the thread anymore

Comment

i take it the files you requested to help analyzing the situation didnt help either then?
                thanks for your trying to help me anyway. good day

Comment

Hello,

So far we have not received any files, can you try re-sending these please?
                  Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i've send it again to platformsupport @ ninjatrader.com with title "3221158 ATTN Marco G" in the subject title.
                    the files are in the attachment. please check and let me know. thanks

Comment

i've send the files but im not sure it would not be confused again with my unclosed support ticket months ago so i will attempt to share it here to speed up the process.
                      i cant attach .rar files on this forum. so here's the link to google drive to get the files:

find the download symbol at right corner and click it to get the whole folder

thanks
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanS; 08-13-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I've merged your ticket to the issue you are currently working on with Spencer.
                        I have also removed your files from the forum as these can contain personal information you may wish to keep private.
                        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Kaledus
                        by Kaledus

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                        13 responses