Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Range Indicator

Hi,

Is there an issue with the Opening Range Indicator for NT8? I tried to add the indicator to a 1 minute and 5 minute chart and the indicator is not displaying.

Any help with the indicator would be appreciated.

8-20-19 Fixed a bug in the display of prior days. This indicator draws a line at the High and at the Low price of the range specified by the user. Features: User can specify Start Time and End time User can enable the indicator to draw a line at the mid price of the High […]

Thank you.

Hi Bob, thanks for posting.

The indicator works fine on my end with these settings:

What have you tried so far to troubleshoot? Are you connected to your data provider? Do you see any errors in the Log tab of the control center?

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,

There was log errors. I'm connected to the Ninjatrader Continuum data server.

I was able to find the issue with the screen shot you provided. I had the Trading Hours for my Data Series set to CME US Index Futures RTH. Once I removed the trading hours and the chart series changed to 24/5, the indicator display appeared.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
        Hi Bob, thanks for posting.

The indicator works fine on my end with these settings:

What have you tried so far to troubleshoot? Are you connected to your data provider? Do you see any errors in the Log tab of the control center?

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL
        Hi Chris,

I had a question.

I use regular charts and mirror Charts. Mirror charts are the inverse of a regular chart.
        It displays the price of a index but with a negative number. For example, MES = -4281

Because of the negative number, it does not draw the opening range indicator in this discussion.
        Can you let me know how to overcome this and display on any chart type?

Thanks
        Irv

Comment

Hello Irv,

I suggest to create a new chart with 2 data series (regular and mirror). Add the Opening Range indicator and set 'Input series' to the regular data series. Set 'Panel' to the panel of the mirror data series. If you don't want to show the regular data series, please hover your cursor on the horizontal line in the chart that divides both data series. Click and hold the left mouse button and move up or down.

If this does not work, please check the NinjaTrader ecosystem website for other custom created indicators from users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party indicators (Trading Indicators) that offer the functionality you seek - Opening Range for Mirrored charts.
          Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find what you need, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer to create a custom indicator for you.
          Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes