Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled Exception Message

Hello!

For some reason all of my strategies have been deleted and everytime I restart my NinjaTrader they get deleted again.There are only two strategies that stay and the rest get deleted.

Error message is as follows:

Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Please help this is very annoying.

Hi litamm, thanks for posting.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3228472 ATTN ChrisL

I will post the solution once its reached.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisL

Thank you for the response.

It said it sent the email successfully. It happened about 2-3 days ago.

Comment

Hi litamm,

I do see the unhandled exception, but the message is not pointing to a specific add-on that might be causing it. I must recommend you remove the strategies that are not loading upon platform start through Tools>Remove NinjaScript Assembly and test again. Also, systematically remove add-ons one by one until the issue does not appear on start up. Please let the developer know of the issue you are having with their product.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisL

I see that makes sense. So it is being caused by one of the add ons?

Comment

Hi litamm89,

Yes, a third party addon is causing this, the vanilla platform with no extra addons does not re-create this.

Kind regards.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisL

Im sorry I didnt fully read what you said until now.

All of the strategies on my computer were created on the computer nothing has been imported.

It just started happening three days ago.

I guess what I am trying to say is there is nothing to remove.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisL

Is there a way to clear the cache or something without clearing strategies or anything?

Comment

Hello litamm89,
                  It seems there is some compilation error in any custom strategy / indicator etc. Let me ask you a question, when you go to NinjaScript Editor are you able to see all the custom strategies / indicators etc. there ? If your answer is yes, then do you see all of these in respective dialog from charts (chart - indicators / strategies etc.) ? If your answer is yes, so nothing is deleted as such & if your answer is no then the one which is missing in dialog is the culprit, goto ninjascript editor & fix it.
                  If you're unable to find the culprit, make a backup copy of all custom scripts (Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom) then remove all custom scripts from ninjascript editor & add one by one to see the error causing script, so now you can find the script which actually is causing the issue and fix it. You won't loose your scripts but you need to do this exercise to find the one causing issue.
                  Hope it helps!

Comment

s.kinra

Thank you so much for your input! That is one of the most direct actionable posts I have received.

However, sadly this did not fix my issue. I deleted all of my ninjascript addons and still get the same message.

You are saying the custom scripts are the problem could it be an internal script that I created causing the problem?

Comment

Hello litamm89,
                      If you're unable to figure out the issue with this, in that case your original files might me corrupted or missing or so.
                      I don't expect original / default scripts to cause such issue unless they're overwritten / modified.

You can run NT8 in safe mode & see if you still get the error, hold ctrl & double click NT icon, keep holding ctrl till you see control center. Now you can work on it for a while to se if there is any such error. This will ensure no custom scripts are loaded. If you still get error it means your original files are some how altered so fix it.

I would suggest you to have a clean installation. Go to Documents\ & rename NinjaTrader 8 to some other name, delete NinjaTrader 8 folder from C:\Program Files (x86) then download latest version of NT8 & install.
                      Once done, check NT8 if all works well copy your files one by one from your old folder to new NT8 folder.
                      Hope it helps!
                      Last edited by s.kinra; 08-23-2021, 12:02 AM. Reason: missed info

Comment

Hi litamm, thanks for your reply.

I did see custom addons loaded within your installation in your log files. First got to Tools>Remove NinjaScript Assembly and check if there are assemblies there. If not, the custom addons are source code and can be found in the Strategies folder of the NinjaScript editor.

If this does not resolve, you will need to create a new installation of NinjaTrader 8:
                        • Close all running applications.
                        • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
                        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
                        • Reboot your PC.
                        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
                        Kind regards,
                        -ChrisL

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ZenCortexAuCost  
                        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:22 AM