Volume Profile drawing is missing part of the chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Profile drawing is missing part of the chart

Hello, Could you please clarify if there any possibility to fix Volume profile drawing as in some cases it is missing part of pricing chart?.. As you may see below, despite the profile zone size, bottom part of the chart is missed and there is no profile for it. What is wrong ?
    This is MES 09-21 charting.

thanks in advance
    Andrey
    volume profile

Hello Andrey,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I don't experience this issue generally. When I draw a profile, it includes all of the data that is within the zone. Not to worry, we should be able to figure this out.

So that I may attempt to recreate the issue, please let me know what interval of chart this is (1 Day, 1 Minute, 30 Second, 100 Tick, etc.). Additionally, please send me a screenshot of your Volume Profile's properties from the 'Drawing Objects' window. Please be sure that the window is fully expanded so that I may see all of the properties that you have applied.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to further assisting you.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Zachary

The example I given earlier is from 5 Min chart on MES 9-21.
      I have attached better quality screenshots including the object properties you asked about.
      Note that time is from MSK timezone.

thanks

Andrey
      Attached Files

Comment

One more note.. I have played with the profile and found that if I stretch the profile longer to the right.. at moment it crossed the next day boundary it start to show bottom part of profile too..
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Andrey,

Thank you for your reply.

Your profile settings, especially in the 'Data' section, look different than mine. What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you running? This may be found at Control Center > Help > About. Please include the full version number (for example; 8.0.XX.X).

Comment

I have 8.0.24.2

Comment

Hello Andrey,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm unfortunately, I'm still not really able to replicate the problem. I have one other item to suggest and if that doesn't work, I will have you contact us via email so we can investigate in a more direct way. Before we do anything else, let's reinstall your drawing objects. To do this;
              1. Shut down NinjaTrader
              2. On your PC, navigate to C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom
              3. Manually move the DrawingTools folder to your desktop
              Once you've moved the DrawingTools folder to your desktop, please repair your installation of NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel. To do this;
              1. In the search box on the Windows taskbar, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
              2. Select Programs > Programs and Features.
              3. Locate NinjaTrader 8 on the list, right-click on it and select Repair, or if that’s not available, select Change. Then follow the directions on the screen.
              After completing the steps above, launch NinjaTrader 8. Do you continue to experience the same? If so, please send us your log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3230878 ATTN Zachary

Comment

Unfortunately the manipulation you suggested didnt help.. still same issue. I have sent the support email request.

thanks

Andrey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post techgetgame  
                Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                0 responses