Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Liquidation Amt , Option Position's current price not available with TD Ameritrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquidation Amt , Option Position's current price not available with TD Ameritrade

Hi

1. I don't see Liquidation Amount for live account with TD Ameritrade connection. Am I missing a setting or is it by design ( if by design what's the best suggested approach to get the value?)
    2. As per this site [ https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm ] TD Ameritrade supports Equity Options . I could see the Option Positions in Ninja Trader but there are no price updates to those until I restart the Ninja Trader itself. ( I tried reconnecting without restart , that still doesn't refresh the Option Price)

Please let me know if there is an alternative way to resolve the above in TD Ameritrade. If not which broker connection will not have the above problem.

Does the Interactive Broker Connection solve these ?

Hello vivekniwas,

Thank you for your post.

1. I don't see Liquidation Amount for live account with TD Ameritrade connection. Am I missing a setting or is it by design ( if by design what's the best suggested approach to get the value?)

You would need to enter a live license key into the platform to see your live account information. Keys that begin with "@SIM" will not show live account information.

You can check your NinjaTrader license Key under Help -> License Key

If you do not have a live license key, please let me know.

2. As per this site [ [url]https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?data_by_provider.htm[/url] ] TD Ameritrade supports Equity Options . I could see the Option Positions in Ninja Trader but there are no price updates to those until I restart the Ninja Trader itself. ( I tried reconnecting without restart , that still doesn't refresh the Option Price)

Options prices should update when the market is open. Do you see this behavior during regular market hours?

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello

I have live license key for TD Ameritrade and I am seeing these behavior during regular market hours

regards
      Vivek

Comment

Hello vivekniwas,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '3231670 - Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Email was sent with logs and traces !!

Comment

After upgrade to latest version of NT I see the option prices updating, however liquidation amount is still unavailable. Ifound out a round about way to calculate it based on Open Positions and Cash Available.

Is there a way to get an Option Chain for an Instrument , are Greeks and Volume available through some NT API ?

Thanks
            Vivek

Comment

Hello vivekniwas,

Thanks for your post.

After reading through the Option Chain Help Guide. I do not see any mention of a liquidation amount or Greeks.

Volume is the right-most column by default labeled 'Vol'.

Here is the Option Chain Help Guide to further explain each property and function of the Option Chain window.

Please see the following publicly available link for an Options Chain video tutorial :
              Trade Options on Futures with NinjaTrader - YouTube

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Mongo, Yesterday, 11:05 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Mongo
              by Mongo

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
              7 responses