Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supported cryptocurrency

Hi,

Do you have an updated list of supported cryptocurrencies?

Regards
    Kay Wai

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your post.

Currently, NinjaTrader is limited to the cryptocurrencies that Coinbase supports. Below, I have included a publicly available link to a webpage that lists the supported cryptocurrencies.

https://support.coinbase.com/custome...tal-currencies

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
    • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you ShawnB. This is most useful

Comment

Hi Shawn,

I tried to add some crypto instruments which you provided in the link above from coinbase and i keep getting this error message "The 'Master Instrument' field for cryptocurrency instruments can only contain the cryptocurrency code of the 2 supported cryptocurrencies being used"

And all I wanted to set up was ALGO-USD, without the "-". Also want to add ENJ-USD, ANKR-USD, ATOM-USD, CHZ-USD and ALGO-USD. These instruments are available on coinbase.

Could you please let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Regards
        Kay Wai
        Last edited by kaywai; 08-24-2021, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your post.

You would have to shorten the Master Instrument name so that it is only 6 characters. ALGOUSD should be ALGUSD to resolve. Also please note that Coinbase may not supply historical data for these instruments. However, real-time data would be available.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

Hi Shawn,

1) I actually used the ticker ENJUSD and got the same message. Any other suggestions?

2) Understood on the historical data issue. Have to get the ticker set up first.

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Hi Shawn,

I could only create ALGO-USD and ATOM-USD.

I had no success with ENJUSD, CHZUSD and ANKRUSD, with the resulting error message the same as above.

Could you please assist?

Regards
              Kay Wai

Comment

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your reply.

ENJUSD, CHZUSD, and ANKRUSD are currently not supported in NinjaTrader. I will need to submit a feature request to the development team to add support for these instruments.

Comment

Thank you Shawn. Appreciate it

Comment

Hi Shawn,

Has the above been added yet? How long does it normally take? Could i add OMGUSD to the list as well?

Regards
                    Kay Wai

Comment

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your reply.

This feature request item is currently still tracked as an active enhancement request. Each feature request will enter a waiting period to accumulate votes from other users for consideration. If there are not enough users requesting a feature, it will not be implemented. The waiting period could be months or years depending on the frequency of votes for that request.

Also, you could monitor the release notes as this is where you can look for the tracking number you've been given to see when a feature is implemented.

Release Notes

I have added OMGUSD to your request.

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.

Comment

Hi, I was looking for the new instruments in Coinbase, like SHIB_USDT, but I can't find it. When will you update it? Should load directly without you having to update the instrument list
                        octaviogarcia
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - octaviogarciatrader

Comment

Hello octaviogarcia,

Thank you for your post.
                          Manually adding Crypto instruments to the platform is not supported, these must be added to the platform by development.

I've added the instrument requested to the list of instruments to add. This feature request item is currently still tracked as an active enhancement request. Each feature request will enter a waiting period to accumulate votes from other users for consideration. If there are not enough users requesting a feature, it will not be implemented. The waiting period could be months or years depending on the frequency of votes for that request.

Also, you could monitor the release notes as this is where you can look for the tracking number you've been given to see when a feature is implemented.

Release Notes

Thank you for your patience.

Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The page that you posted is not found in your servers. Is there a request that add instruments automatically and not by your developers? Please add my vote to that request if it exists.

Thanks.
                            octaviogarcia
                            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - octaviogarciatrader

Comment

Hello octaviogarcia,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately it's not currently possible for users to manually map Crypto instruments that are not supported, so they must be added by development.

The link I posted is a functioning link to the help guide I confirmed works as expected.

You can view this through the website directly by going to NinjaTrader.com, then clicking Help from the top menu and selecting "Help Guides" from the dropdown.

Then select NinjaTrader 8 from the list of help guides in the next page, and selected release notes from the table on contents on the left.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
                              Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes