NT8 - Connection On Accounts Page Shows Wrong Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 - Connection On Accounts Page Shows Wrong Name

I just started in with NT8. I use Kinetick for my data feed and IB for trading. I have my connections set up so that both Kinetick and IB (through the IB Gateway) both load automatically.

I assume that the order in which connections are made is alphabetical in the configured connection list so IB starts first and then Kinetick.

When I first set up everything, IB would connect and send me to the gateway for my account name, PW, and two-factor authentication. Once connected on the Accounts tab it would identify itself (in the connection column) as IB and display my account ID. After that Kinetick would load and show Sim101.

However, today I notice that IB now starts as Sim101 and then Kinetick would start but would show the connection name as "IB" and also as Sim 101.

The only way I can get it to behave correctly is to turn off autologon for IB and instead start it manually.

I've tried multiple different combinations but no joy.

Anyone have any idea what's going on

Thanks for reading.

Jeff

Also, I notice that there is ALWAYS a Sim101 account on the Accounts Tab even if no connection is actually made. I never noticed that in the beginning. And I guess what's happening is that whatever connects first is automatically associated with that account on the Accounts Tab?

Comment

Hello x703jko,

Thank you for your post.

The connection that connects first is automatically associated with the Sim101 account on the Accounts Tab. This is not an issue, this is a normal behavior of the platform. If you disconnect from one of the 2 connections, you will see that the remaining connection displays next to the Sim101 account. The Sim101 account is expected to always display.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
      Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. Am I correct that the order in which accounts that are specified for auto logon are connected is alphabetical order? So if both "Interactive Brokers" and "Kinetick" are setup to load automatically on startup of NT8, that "Interactive Brokers" would connect first and be the Sim101 account?

That being the case, I also notice that after "Interactive Brokers" connects to Sim 101 then Kinetick connects but the Connection name is STILL "Interactive Brokers" and the Display name is my Interactive Broker account number. Which doesn't make any sense.

Please advise.

Comment

Correct when using the "Connect on startup" feature the connections are made in alphabetical order as they are displayed from the Connections drop down menu and the Sim101 account will automatically use the name of the first connection established in this case Interactive Brokers therefore this is expected behavior.

Keep in mind if you want to request data from Kinetick and only use Interactive Brokers for order submission I suggest connecting to Kinetick first your primary connection then connect to IB second to access your account for order submission.

I have included a link below to our Help Guide that goes over multiple connections.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes