Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM strategy trailing stop movements

Hello,

I am looking for some help regarding an ATM strategy I’d like to create but having trouble with. Whether this is something that can be done via the ATM window or a ninjascript add-on, any advice would be appreciated. Please see below for the example to illustrate (apologies if this is basic stuff).

Scenario:
    Long trade in the E-mini SP
    Entry price: 4400
    Target: 4420
    Stop limit: 4396

-A buy limit is set at entry price + 12 point (4412)

For every 3 points the trade moves in profit, my stop limit will move up 1.5 points.

Here’s the issue:

At 9 points in profit (4409) my stop sits at BE+2 ticks (4400.5). When my buy limit at 4412 is filled, the BE moves to 4406 (12/2cts+entry). At that point I’d like my stop to move up 3.5 points (4404) from that position to sit 2 points below my new average price.

Once this is done, the strategy would continue as it was and move up 1.5 points for every 3 points profit from that moment on until my target is hit.

Is this command feasible in the ATM configuration or would it be something to look for externally in the NT ecosystem? If this has been covered in a previous post I have missed then please let me know.

Again any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello Jaymo123,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

As a heads up, the Strategy Development section of the forums is geared to NinjaScript development in C#.
    Questions related to platform usage are within the scope of the Platform Technical Support section of the forums.

It is possible to configure up to 3 steps in the Atm Strategy Templates window for the stop strategy.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...railParameters

https://youtu.be/DH9y-j64X1U

For step 1 you can have the profit trigger at 28 ticks with the stop loss at 27 ticks. For step 2 you can have the profit trigger at 36 ticks with the stop at 16 ticks and the frequency at 6 ticks.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
    10 responses
    0 likes